Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Anyone missing Andy Grey yet?

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Personally I'm not missing his patronising diatribe, but yet to see a decent co-commentator jump out of the pack.

Cornish seagull!

Nov 18, 2010
Cornwall
Andy who? I saw him in his new job as my postman this morning when he delivered the mail through the door i noticed that my biopsy results wearnt there so i threw an egg at him and it smacked him square on the head. He had the nerve to turn round and say that it was an illegal throw. I had my foot over the line. Apparantly!

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Liked Hoodle yesterday and Chris Coleman did a good job as well.

FlownWest

Aug 10, 2010
As a co-commentator - maybe, I thought he was good at the role, although the replacements have done the job and Sky Sports are usually good in this department.

As a studio pundit though, no. I never hated Gray but it wasn't until recently that I realised he's not really very good at the job and is actually pretty tedious.

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
His was a commentating heavyweight and I am afraid Skys fill-ins are mere lightweights. Jermaine Defoe scored two absolute beauties yesterday and the only thing missing to make them truly magnificent was Grays trademark 'take a bow son' line.

:nono:

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
I watched Manu Liverpool yesterday and I could have sworn Gray was still commentating. Who was the scottish bloke doing it?

Maybe he was on foreign tv but over here it was Glenn Hoddle

Aldo

Ruffian Revolution. STH.
Jul 15, 2008
Hove
Been a breath of fresh air without that whopper

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
While watching the highlights of the liverpool/utd game yesterday and noticed whoever was co-commentating going on and on about whether kuyt was ahead of the ball ignoring two utd players that were ahead of him, making it irrelevant whether he was behind the ball (he was), though to be honest I can't imagine gray would have correctly applied the law entirely throughout the game.

Marc1901

Peace out.
Apr 26, 2009
The Championship.
YES. He is miles better than what is on tonight. Steve Mcclaren is terrible and it sounds like he is trying to talk dutch.

Last edited:

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
He was the best pundit on TV, but he'll be back.

In the meantime, I'm more worried about the dreadful presenters. Not one of them has the charisma or presence of Richard Keys.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here