Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
:lolol:

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
I managed a business in Burgess Hill about 35 years ago. Don't know if it's still there though. Burgess Hill I mean, the business isn't.

Look at Google maps you tedious man.

Are you enquiring as to the location of raised geographical feature ("hill") that goes by the name of Burgess in that locale?

No idea, all seems pretty flat around there to me. Good swimming pool though and it has a Wilkinsons if you like a bargain.

northstandnorth

THE GOLDSTONE
Oct 13, 2003
A272 at 85 mph
Are you enquiring as to the location of raised geographical feature ("hill") that goes by the name of Burgess in that locale?

No idea, all seems pretty flat around there to me. Good swimming pool though and it has a Wilkinsons if you like a bargain.

surely a case for a whole town being done under the trades description act?
they have nothing as impressive as King George the 5th Avenue and does hove claim HILL status?(except locally refering to the Avenue as snakey Hill)

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I see your point.

Can someone tell me where Mr Hayward's heath is, then? Or Mr Manning's?

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Folders Lane seemed like a bloody big hill when I was finishing my run up there earlier this afternoon.

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
Folders Lane seemed like a bloody big hill when I was finishing my run up there earlier this afternoon.

You should have run down it. Same distance, but easier.

northstandnorth

THE GOLDSTONE
Oct 13, 2003
A272 at 85 mph
The Hill is where the station is. It is a fair hill if you consider it against The Triangle's location

only because the sports place(it aint called the triangle anymore) was built on a below sea level swamp(thats why the locals have 6 toes and 3 eyes)
But any place that claims a hill ought to be able to back it up with a hump that at least needs a handbrake,

Smithy

Apr 26, 2009
Hove
Wiki says:

The hill in the town's name is taken to mean different things to different people; many believe that the hill in question is the hill on which the train station currently stands, but there is a Burgess Farm on a hill in the south-east of the town, on Folders Lane. Whether this is the hill referred to in the town's name is not known.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here