Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Anyone here work in planning? How come Ms Lucas has been able to install solar panels

• Thread starter Deleted User X18H
  • Start date

D

Deleted User X18H

...on her roof, in a conservation area of Brighton & Hove?

Cheers.

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
I do.

Has she got planning permission? Are they visible from publicly accessible areas?

I'm not that au fait with householder stuff but I think planning permission is only required when panels are fitted on the principal or side elevation walls and they are visible from the highway. Probably get away with it on the rear elevation, unless that is also visible from a pubilc highway.

Have you not got something better to do with your time? You must be a nightmare neighbour.

Kumquat

Mar 2, 2009
The law was changed a while back to extend the range of situations in which householders could make adjustments to their house without needing to seek planning permission. I suspect this is one of them. As deletebeepbeep says its mostly to do with visibility.

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
So you read a headline and thought rather than read the article which might answer my question i'll put a thread on NSC?

D

Deleted User X18H

From that article (did you read it?)

“As with most solar panel installations, none of this work required planning permission as it falls within ‘permitted development rights’.”

The law was changed a while back to extend the range of situations in which householders could make adjustments to their house without needing to seek planning permission. I suspect this is one of them. As deletebeepbeep says its mostly to do with visibility.
Yes I did read the article. However when I looked into installing solar panels a while ago I was informed I would require planning permission (as was a neighbour) as we live in a conservation area!

But perhaps the new law Kumquat points out will allow me to look into this again. I am sure the council quoted something called Article 4. When asked someone in the planning dept earlier they wern't to sure!

Carrot Cruncher

NHS Slave
Helpful Moderator
Jul 30, 2003
Southampton, United Kingdom
broken-record-765056.jpg

supaseagull

Feb 19, 2004
The United Kingdom of Mile Oak
Would this have been mentioned if she was a Conservative?

is the right answer!

Good luck to her...not my choice of colour but at least she's leading by example.

I'm still waiting to find out if my local MP, Mike Weatherley, is ever going to make an appearance in Portslade or if he knows what Foredown Tower is...Since he's won the election he's been notable by his abscence. At least Caroline Lucas is representing her constituents!

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
Not really OT as it concerns Lucas. Some things are just not right!

Here is the information about The Happy Valley protest in Brighton.

After a public meeting on the 16th of September held in Woodingdean near Brighton, Sussex to discuss the possibility of a future permanent travellers’ site in Happy Valley on the outskirts of Brighton, the residents of Woodingdean have organised a peaceful demonstration to be held at the site on Sunday 9th October at 2pm.

The residents and concerned individuals want to show Brighton & Hove council their view that they need to rule out Happy Valley from it's considerations for the planned consultation about a permanent or tolerated site for travellers. The residents feel that Happy Valley is not a suitable candidate for a site and are meeting there to show their unity against such plans.

It is reported that over 1,000 people attended the meeting on the 16th that was held by Simon Kirby, Conservative MP. Mr Kirby will be in attendance at the demonstration and they hope to have similar numbers attend.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here