Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Anyone here still doubting Glenn Murray's worth?

logan89

Jan 4, 2007
Brington
The problem he has is that he is inconsistent with his form. Which means that after a good game the Murray lovers start threads that proclaim him to be the best player in the league and shoot anyone down for suggesting otherwise. When he has a bad game the Murray haters come on and start posting about how crap he is. It's very predictable.

If he can keep that work rate and effort that he showed tonight, even if everything he trys doesn't quite come off, i feel that more people will turn from haters to lovers.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
That's bollocks though, isn't it? It's a tired cliche that has somehow continued into this season when it was occasionally appropriate last season.

He has been at least 7 out of 10 in pretty much every game this season, far more consistent than last season.

It is something that Poyet had said himself.

He is a class act and doesn't always do himself justice.

Westdene Wonder

Aug 3, 2010
Brighton
Murray is the type of player, lower class of course who can be compared to the fellow who shares the strikers job at ManU, can be exceptional at times but needs to perform at that level more often.

griff9

Mar 17, 2009
brighton
From his post match comments Glen obviously wants to stay , so hopefully its just a matter of haggling over money. Hope his agent and doesnt screw things up ...........

he seemed to say the right things in that interview but i've got a funny feeling he's on his way just from the body language coming off him during the video... pure speculation on my part here but i think he's stitching gus up for wages from that little smile he had on his face when asked about the contract situation... we shall see

hshaw

Dec 30, 2010
hove
played well against charlton and against huddersfield but his good games are not in proportion to his bad to i wouldnt care if he left wood and sandaza are both better then him

brightonrock

Dodgy Hamstrings
Jan 1, 2008
played well against charlton and against huddersfield but his good games are not in proportion to his bad to i wouldnt care if he left wood and sandaza are both better then him

Is that some kind of joke no-one else is in on? Sandaza is a useful guy to have coming off the bench, and Wood's a stop gap until January. He can hold it up but he's not exactly set the division alight has he? Meanwhile, Murray has a goal every 2.5 games(ish) for the club, countless assists, and changes games. Yeah, get rid. Holroyd and Hart to lead us up.

hshaw

Dec 30, 2010
hove
Is that some kind of joke no-one else is in on? Sandaza is a useful guy to have coming off the bench, and Wood's a stop gap until January. He can hold it up but he's not exactly set the division alight has he? Meanwhile, Murray has a goal every 2.5 games(ish) for the club, countless assists, and changes games. Yeah, get rid. Holroyd and Hart to lead us up.

sandaza is a great striker he scored well for valenceia and dundee and causes problems he get in places no one sees and gets goals wood is a strong player whos a danger to defences hes like andy caroll i tihnk murray can play outstanding but he doesnt play consistently

Shoreham Beach Seagull

May 6, 2009
Shoreham Beach
sandaza is a great striker he scored well for valenceia and dundee and causes problems he get in places no one sees and gets goals wood is a strong player whos a danger to defences hes like andy caroll i tihnk murray can play outstanding but he doesnt play consistently

How could you say that Wood is better than Murray because he is strong (without winning anything in the air) and is a danger to defences, despite one goal which came from the spot

hshaw

Dec 30, 2010
hove
How could you say that Wood is better than Murray because he is strong (without winning anything in the air) and is a danger to defences, despite one goal which came from the spot

he needs two people to mark him because hes huge and draws defenders to free up space for the other strikers

brightonrock

Dodgy Hamstrings
Jan 1, 2008

(1) I like Sandaza, don't get me wrong. I think he has a big part to play this season, and I think he'll get some important goals. But he is not better than Murray. He just isn't. Plus he is still massively injury prone.
(2) How on God's green earth is Wood even remotely like Andy Carroll, other than he's a unit? Wood has some positive attributes but the man's got the turning circle of a container ferry.
(3) Playing Sandaza and Wood up front would give us a PAINFULLY slow front line. Any oppo could set up camp on their half way line and force us to play it long. Neither of them are exactly sprinters are they. At least Barnes/Murray chase things down.

By the way I hope this is a poor fishing attempt from you. I'd actually rather it was, and I'd taken the bait, than you meant it. Because if you mean it, I am truly staggered. To think Wood is more consistent than Murray is a joke.

hshaw

Dec 30, 2010
hove
yeah i might have got a bit over the top with wood and when murray is on form he palys well but as a partnership i would play murray and wood or murray and sandaza i wouldnt drop murray because if he is on a good game he is a possible matchwinner

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Murray won every header and virtually every ball again st Charlton and was outstanding way abover any other striker at the club in his ability and effectiveness.

loco61

Jan 30, 2004
Hove GOSBTS
The problem he has is that he is inconsistent with his form. Which means that after a good game the Murray lovers start threads that proclaim him to be the best player in the league ....If he can keep that work rate and effort that he showed tonight, even if everything he trys doesn't quite come off, i feel that more people will turn from haters to lovers.

i am a lover
have been a lover of his for a long time
and am happy to share my love with thousands of others
and yes ... all over the world more and more men and women, boys and girls are outing themselves as Murray lovers
--------
is he the best player in the league?
no idea!

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
Why is everyone shitting it Gus has said he won't talk about any contracts until next yr so it's irrelevent at the mo.

I think it's a dangerous game to play with your better players. By January clubs are already sniffing round. It only takes one of them to have a word in Murrays ear and all of a sudden he's on his way in the summer for a free. I do wish we'd sort things out with players like Murray/Dicker much earlier.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here