Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Anyone here still doubting Glenn Murray's worth?

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
If he was more consistent he'd easily be at a higher level.

Moments of brilliance, works a lot harder than he gets credit for, is tremendous at defending in our box, and holds it up very well up front. If he did it every week he'd be worth a packet.

I love him, me :love:

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I think he will go. surely he would have signed a contract by now ?

From comments made by Gus I dont think a new contract has been mentioned or offered yet so he couldnt have signed it. I hope that it is sorted out soon as he is such an asset to us by combining his forward and defensive play.

Jimmy Grimble

Nov 10, 2007
Starting a revolution from my bed
Sensational player at this level. We won't go up without him.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
A mazing. Being dropped for Soton game seems to have given him a kick up the arse, easily our best forward

'sladegull

fat boy fat
Aug 11, 2007
'slade
From comments made by Gus I dont think a new contract has been mentioned or offered yet so he couldnt have signed it. I hope that it is sorted out soon as he is such an asset to us by combining his forward and defensive play.

From his post match comments Glen obviously wants to stay , so hopefully its just a matter of haggling over money. Hope his agent and doesnt screw things up ...........

Aug 21, 2006
Royal Arsenal
Glenn Murray Glenn Murray Glenn Murray Glenn Murray Glenn Murray Glenn Murray Glenn Murray Glenn Murray Glenn Murray Glenn Murray Glenn Murray Glenn Murray Glenn Murray Glenn Murray Glenn Murray Glenn Murray Glenn Murray Glenn Murray Glenn Murray Glenn Murray Glenn Murray Glenn Murray Glenn Murray Glenn Murray Glenn Murray Glenn Murray Glenn Murray Glenn Murray Glenn Murray Glenn Murray Glenn Murray Glenn Murray Glenn Murray Glenn Murray Glenn Murray Glenn Murray Glenn Murray Glenn Murray Glenn Murray Glenn Murray Glenn Murray Glenn Murray Glenn Murray Glenn Murray Glenn Murray Glenn Murray Glenn Murray Glenn Murray Glenn Murray Glenn Murray Glenn Murray Glenn Murray Glenn Murray Glenn Murray Glenn Murray Glenn Murray Glenn Murray Glenn Murray Glenn Murray Glenn Murray Glenn Murray Glenn Murray Glenn Murray Glenn Murray Glenn Murray Glenn Murray Glenn Murray Glenn Murray Glenn Murray Glenn Murray Glenn Murray Glenn Murray Glenn Murray Glenn Murray Glenn Murray Glenn Murray Glenn Murray Glenn Murray Glenn Murray Glenn Murray Glenn Murray Glenn Murray Glenn Murray Glenn Murray Glenn Murray Glenn Murray Glenn Murray Glenn Murray Glenn Murray Glenn Murray Glenn Murray Glenn Murray Glenn Murray Glenn Murray Glenn Murray Glenn Murray Glenn Murray Glenn Murray Glenn Murray Glenn Murray Glenn Murray Glenn Murray Glenn Murray Glenn Murray Glenn Murray Glenn Murray Glenn Murray Glenn Murray Glenn Murray Glenn Murray Glenn Murray Glenn Murray Glenn Murray Glenn Murray Glenn Murray Glenn Murray Glenn Murray Glenn Murray Glenn Murray Glenn Murray Glenn Murray Glenn Murray Glenn Murray Glenn Murray Glenn Murray Glenn Murray Glenn Murray Glenn Murray Glenn Murray Glenn Murray Glenn Murray Glenn Murray Glenn Murray Glenn Murray Glenn Murray Glenn Murray Glenn Murray Glenn Murray Glenn Murray Glenn Murray Glenn Murray Glenn Murray Glenn Murray Glenn Murray

BUTTERBALL

East Stand Brighton Boyz
Jul 31, 2003
location location
The best all round forward in this divison when he puts it in. I hope we can get a contract sorted a.s.a.p. We need him secured in his peak years for Falmer.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
If we keep him and go up I think he will be better in the championship. More time on the ball, we have seen against the so called better teams Murray comes into a class of his own

Cassive Mock

Nov 14, 2007
T/Wells
In a conversation I had with Glen, he would love to stay. Its all down to Gus and if he offers the right contract.
You can't blame the lad he has a very bright future and his next contract is probably the most important of his whole career.

k2bluesky

Sep 22, 2008
Brighton
Yep Murray had great game, the effort he made to keep the ball going for a charlton throw by the north stand summed up how he has changed and the work he now puts in, which was lacking a year back, he always had the skill - How he will relish playing at Falmer with 22000 watching and hopefully blossom into a top notch frontman (even if not necessarily the 20 goal-a -season man Gus wants):amex::amex::ascarf:

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
i know i'm echoing everyone else's thoughts but Murray was a different level last night and more than made up for the loss of Calde, big fan of the photo on the club website where its Muzza hounding Jackson into our 18 yard box, he was everywhere!

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Was superb tonight, would loved KISH to have put that chance away at the end just for the set up play by Murray.

Glad you noticed it - he squeezed the ball CLEAN through two players - it was the smallest of gaps and a perfect ball. Muzza has always been class and his attitude this / half last season has been amazing

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Why is everyone shitting it Gus has said he won't talk about any contracts until next yr so it's irrelevent at the mo.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
When he wants to be is the answer. Potentially one of the best strikers to have ever played for Brighton, it's entirely up to him.

That's bollocks though, isn't it? It's a tired cliche that has somehow continued into this season when it was occasionally appropriate last season.

He has been at least 7 out of 10 in pretty much every game this season, far more consistent than last season.

whitelion

Dec 16, 2003
Southwick
BBC Sport - Football - Brighton striker Glenn Murray hints at new contract

Brighton striker Glenn Murray hints at new contract

Murray scored 14 goals for Brighton last season
Brighton and Hove Albion striker Glenn Murray says he would like to sign a new contract with the League One side.

The 27-year-old, whose current deal expires at the end of this season, scored his seventh goal of the season in their midweek draw with Charlton.

He told BBC Sussex: "The club is moving in the right direction. Obviously with where we are in the league and the new stadium it's a great club to be at.

"Who wouldn't want to stay at a club that's at the top of the league?"

The former Rochdale striker has scored 41 goals in 110 appearances for the Seagulls after joining for a fee of £300,000 in January 2008.

Albion boss Gus Poyet says he would like to keep hold of Murray, but wants him to fulfil his goal-scoring potential.

"He was different class against Charlton," the Uruguayan told BBC Sussex. "We've had a meeting with his agent already and we've made things clear.

"When you have a player like him you say score us 20 goals. I think he's capable but he needs to do it.

"That's the consistency we're looking for."

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here