Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

anyone heard from club about moving seats

lewesgull

Jan 3, 2010
Hi

filled out the form as i know many did about moving my 3 seats within WSU but haven't heard anything.

Just wondering if an anyone has been contacted or if its worth going to club on Tuesday now they no who hasn't renewed to see if i can get it sorted

cheers

supaseagull

Feb 19, 2004
The United Kingdom of Mile Oak
I tried to get another seat WSU for my youngest but tbh the ticket line was clueless and didnt seem to have any idea about the location of any of the seats in any part of the ground.

It would be a really good idea to have a seating plan of the whole ground online so that people can see where there are empty seats. Would also help those wishing to move from west to east or south.

lewesgull

Jan 3, 2010
im hoping with the amount of people in other threads who are moving to the ESU that a fair few seats will have become vacant. I think i'm just going to go down on Tuesday morning and see if i can get it sorted. I'm sitting a fair way away from the rest of the group i go with so fingers crossed

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
Hi

filled out the form as i know many did about moving my 3 seats within WSU but haven't heard anything.

Just wondering if an anyone has been contacted or if its worth going to club on Tuesday now they no who hasn't renewed to see if i can get it sorted

cheers

Might seem like a stupid question, but did you return the form by the deadline of April 5? I think you should definitely have been contacted by now. Best bet as you say is to go down to the ticket office and try and find out what's happening.

I agree with the other poster that there should be a seating plan accessible to fans so people can easily see where the vacant seats are and choose where they want to go. Not sure why the club are reluctant to do this. It would also save them having to liaise with everyone individually.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
I tried to get another seat WSU for my youngest but tbh the ticket line was clueless and didnt seem to have any idea about the location of any of the seats in any part of the ground.

It would be a really good idea to have a seating plan of the whole ground online so that people can see where there are empty seats. Would also help those wishing to move from west to east or south.

With the amount of money u will be parting with a seating plan is the very least that should be supplied

lewesgull

Jan 3, 2010
Might seem like a stupid question, but did you return the form by the deadline of April 5? I think you should definitely have been contacted by now. Best bet as you say is to go down to the ticket office and try and find out what's happening.

Hi, yes filled it in at the ticket office to make sure they got it. They did say nothing would happen until 1st May as until then they wouldn't know who was renewing (think this was the deadline to pay in full). It does seem though from reading other threads they are allowing people to buy new seats and that the waiting list isn't being used as you'd expect. Hope I haven't missed the boat

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
Hi, yes filled it in at the ticket office to make sure they got it. They did say nothing would happen until 1st May as until then they wouldn't know who was renewing (think this was the deadline to pay in full). It does seem though from reading other threads they are allowing people to buy new seats and that the waiting list isn't being used as you'd expect. Hope I haven't missed the boat

Yeah, doesn't seem right that new STHs should be choosing seats before existing ones who are requesting a move - but from what I've heard on here, WSU isn't being offered to newbies. It might just be that the club are waiting until after the renewal deadline has passed to see if three seats become available in the area you requested. I rang the club about my move request, and they really couldn't have been more accommodating - so fingers crossed it'll be the same for you.

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex

i must be really lucky because every time i contact customer services i get a knowledgable and friendly service. Not sure if the ticket line is the same people.

dibbydoo

DibbyDoo
Aug 1, 2011
Brighton
I hadnt heard anything so i called the club, the nice man asked for my current seat number etc, and then informed me my old seat had been sold and i was now in the west upper, which is good for me. Also when i checked my purchase history on the online ticketing service it came up with "season ticket w3/w3g/k etc" so perhaps check there it might come up with a different seat num.

Rogero

Aug 4, 2010
Shoreham
Yes, all sorted. I filled in the forms and stapled them together also with reference to a newbie on waiting list. Five of us have moved together and gone from Lower West right at the end up to Upper East.I had a phone call about 8 days ago and went out to the ground to choose the seats. Well chuffed.

Jack Daniels

Aug 25, 2011
Buggers Hole
With the amount of money u will be parting with a seating plan is the very least that should be supplied

I reckon a plan may come in a year or two's time when the dust has settled. After that time most people will have seats they want. Also the club won't be having to deal with thousands of new applications for ST's.

Once we are talking 500-1000 non renewals. 500 movers and 500 new ST's. I am sure it can be done on a online plan. Personally reckon it would have been a major disaster if it had been attempted this year.

Also I think the club wanted to make buying a season ticket a personal experience. This went a bit tits up when the waiting list doubled or more once planning was approved.

I think a lot of people believed the planning for the expansion would take longer than it did.

Gullzone

Apr 14, 2012
This Green and Pleasant Land
I had a seat with a mate in the WSL, but had heard the ESL (where away fans are to be seated) were being given first option on moving.
I e-mailed customer services and they told me to go to the ticket office on our last home game and ask to change. We were allocated seats in the Upper East near half way line and half way up the stand. All the front rows were gone but we are well happy. Just hope its the right move.

Charles 'Charley' Charles

NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2005
The Mile Of Oaks
I was in there Saturday morning sorting out something for my daughters ticket. Bloke in there said they had had over 8000 applications just to move seat, just to put into perspective the queues they were dealing with. I got there at 10.am, I was 3rd in line, when I left the queue was pretty much out the door, with apparently 30 people on the phone. I will say however this probably has an awful lot to do with the fact of work commitments during week, so only time people can go in is Saturdays. Would of thought for next month or so they would be much better served if they were to open late a couple of evenings, if only till 8.

Jack Daniels

Aug 25, 2011
Buggers Hole
I had a seat with a mate in the WSL, but had heard the ESL (where away fans are to be seated) were being given first option on moving.
I e-mailed customer services and they told me to go to the ticket office on our last home game and ask to change. We were allocated seats in the Upper East near half way line and half way up the stand. All the front rows were gone but we are well happy. Just hope its the right move.

Out of interest. What block did you get you seats in. I have brought block d around seat number 580ish. Just trying to gauge where that will be.

Gullzone

Apr 14, 2012
This Green and Pleasant Land
Out of interest. What block did you get you seats in. I have brought block d around seat number 580ish. Just trying to gauge where that will be.

block E in the 6oo's not sure which way the numbers run but a guy who sat near us in WSL got seats in the 580ish mark which I think is towards the south stand. Hope this helps

Jack Daniels

Aug 25, 2011
Buggers Hole
block E in the 6oo's not sure which way the numbers run but a guy who sat near us in WSL got seats in the 580ish mark which I think is towards the south stand. Hope this helps

I figured it would be one block to the left or right of centre. Should be a cracking view. Cheers for that.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here