Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Anyone have footage of the jockey headbutting his horse.

cheeseroll

Jul 5, 2003
Fragrant Harbour
Its not nearly as far from the truth as you say it is. Racing horses are regularly put down if they dont make the grade. Only retired successful horses have any stud value and there is a certain limitation of vacant places at riding schools especially for the sprinters.

Race

The Tank Rules!
Aug 28, 2004
Hampshire
Billy the Fish said:
But he didn't just fall off did he, they horse tried to kick him off. They have to be taught to carry people and it had to learn how to 'run it's cock off' round a track aswell, it doesn't just automatically know how to do it from birth, it's the same principle as teaching a dog to do tricks. If it's clever enough to learn things then it must have some understanding of wright and wrong, how do you know that headbutting it won't serve this purpose (I don't know either, that's why I was asking)

I saw the incident on TV earlier and the jockey practically jumped off he wasnt thrown off. Having owned a number of horses, and one was half thoroughbred which race horses are, I can tell you now that headbutting it does not serve any purpose, and horses arent as intelligent as dogs when it comes to teaching them!

Race

The Tank Rules!
Aug 28, 2004
Hampshire
cheeseroll said:
Its not nearly as far from the truth as you say it is. Racing horses are regularly put down if they dont make the grade. Only retired successful horses have any stud value and there is a certain limitation of vacant places at riding schools especially for the sprinters.

Tis true. Race horses dont make very good riding school horses as they are too much of a handful. As they are broken in at such an early age usually have a few injuries with their legs etc they are not very 'desirable' afterwards. Unfortunately the owners of race horses have no interest in them as pets. There are charities and rescue and retirement homes but the problem is that horses are so expensive to keep. The ones that do go to stud have to be pretty good animals and the boys still need to have their balls!! Geldings are worthless once they are finished :eek:

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
Man of Harveys said:
And shoot them because, with a broken leg they're too expensive to look after?

Sorry, but that is bollocks.

Gemini

Mar 3, 2006
Race said:
and horses arent as intelligent as dogs when it comes to teaching them!

So you're saying 'If a horse was more intelligent it would cease to be a filty animal' ?
???

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here