Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Anyone have footage of the jockey headbutting his horse.

Race

The Tank Rules!
Aug 28, 2004
Hampshire
Billy the Fish said:
What I meant was that it's a working animal, it probably didn't even feel the blokes helmet.
In all seriousness, how do you discipline a horse? The jockey could've been seriously injured if he'd had a bad fall, the horse needs to know that it cocked up and shouldn't behave like that again. If anyone has trained a horse can you let us know if this is really that bad

The horse doesnt know its done wrong and no amount of headbutting or whatever will make it understand. It isnt there to be disciplined, it runs it cock off from one end of a track to the other so owners, trainers, jockeys and punters earn themselves a few bob. Falling off happens, so he's in the wrong job he if cant take being unseated.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
i see it as the same as telling a dog off. no one would complain if a dog scratches up your sofa, or eats the christmas dinner and u gave them a slightly tap on the nose to tell them off.

everythings been slightly blown out of proportion because its racing and in the public eye i think.

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
Who was the boxer in the 1970s who, as a child, bet his mates he could knock out a horse with one punch and then went and did it? Roberto Duran, at a guess?

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
Lets be honest they are calling it a head butt but it was more of a tap. Not endorsing his actions but it is getting blown out of proportion.

Lammy

Registered Abuser
Oct 1, 2003
Newhaven/Lewes/Atlanta
Am I the only one that can't get the video to work??

Lammy

Registered Abuser
Oct 1, 2003
Newhaven/Lewes/Atlanta
Seen it now.

Lot of fuss about nothing. Like it has been said before. They hit them harder with whips ffs!

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
Race said:
The horse doesnt know its done wrong and no amount of headbutting or whatever will make it understand. It isnt there to be disciplined, it runs it cock off from one end of a track to the other so owners, trainers, jockeys and punters earn themselves a few bob. Falling off happens, so he's in the wrong job he if cant take being unseated.
But he didn't just fall off did he, they horse tried to kick him off. They have to be taught to carry people and it had to learn how to 'run it's cock off' round a track aswell, it doesn't just automatically know how to do it from birth, it's the same principle as teaching a dog to do tricks. If it's clever enough to learn things then it must have some understanding of wright and wrong, how do you know that headbutting it won't serve this purpose (I don't know either, that's why I was asking)

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
I really get angry with this " whats the problem headbutting the horse, its only a horse for fucks sake ". Animals have the right to be treated with a bit of fecking respect and animal cruelty is going through the roof in this country

Dogs found hung alive from a tree trunk - " its only a Dog for fucks sake "

Cats found beheaded and dumped - " its only a Cat for fucks sake "

The guy should be banned from Racing for life. End of.

Richard Whiteley

Sep 24, 2003
this is the sport where they whip horses to make them run faster is it not?

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
And shoot them because, with a broken leg they're too expensive to look after?

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
And shoot them because, with a broken leg they're too expensive to look after?

That is a complete mistruth and trotted out ( no pun intended ) for shock value but it is almost impossible to put a Horse's leg in plaster and get it to lie down for 6 weeks in bed whilst the bone mends. The Horse would be trying to get up and stand on it all the time and would constantly re shatter the break.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here