Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Anyone going to a Street Party this weekend?

ofco8

May 18, 2007
Brighton
Our road is having one and originally wasn't to interested but now looking forward to it, in a strange sort of way.
Barriers are being put up from the next house to mine so if it turns out to be a shit affair me and the missus can still jump in car and disappear but am sure it will be a great day. Give us a chance to catch up with neighbours we don't often meet. (Is
that a good idea!!!!)
Just hope the rain keeps off.

Anybody else got similar happening?

Mr Blobby

Jul 14, 2003
In a cave
West Hoathly has 4 days of events. Most houses have union jack bunting up, even a few scarecrows with the Queen or Prince Philips face have appeared today. They have produced West Hoathly Jubilee mugs. A big marque has gone up in the local rec for the weekend showing all the events on a big screen. Both local pubs doing special meals and events. It has taken off big time here in deepest darkest mid sussex. I will be at Fatboy Slim on Saturday and Gary Numan on Sunday so staying in Hove but will pop along to see whats happening on Monday and Tuesday.

A garden party hosted by Viscount Gage, followed by a trek up to the top of Firle Beacon for a fiery spectacular that should be visible for miles. It's what we do out our way.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
If there is one in France I will attend

Dec 16, 2010
Over there
I'm going to one on monday. I'm actually looking forward to it as I've never been to one before. But I fear for my liver and the local residents alcohol supplies, I shall show them no mercy

D

Deleted member 18477

Going to the pub garden with the lads... Guess that doesn't count as a street party as such...

Just looked at my met office app on iPad. Heavy rain expected for Sunday!!!

Not sure what Monday or Tuesday are like yet!

CP 0 3 BHA

Nov 28, 2003
Northants
Yep - we're going to set up tables in the closed-off High Street of our village and royally piss off the through traffic. Luckily we now have a bypass.

Nope. Went to the infamous royal wedding one over in southampton last year though. Quality day and atmosphere despite what the papers/others would have people believe!

Lady Gull

Aug 6, 2011
West sussex
Going out to lunch with friends on Sunday - and Tuesday it's beach dreams in shoreham's jubilee party so we have 40 odd friends meeting down with kids for a massive picnic share - again just hoping the weather stays fine.

I'm not a massive royalist - but my little girl is excited and we have some bunting up on the decking!!! I'll leave it up for the euro's I'm more excited about that starting next week!!!

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Not a street party as such but taking advantage of the long weekend to hold our annual Close barbecue. We do a similar thing just before Christmas and invite all the neighbours round for drinks and nibbles.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Yep...there is one in the close on Sunday....I really hope the rain keeps away but it is not looking good.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here