Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Anyone Go To Church?

Lucky_Boy_Farang said:
People who go to church are sad ****s.

Tut tut tut. :nono:

God is there to help us in our time of need, but that doesn't mean we take the piss and don't behave ourselves in the meantime.

It is up to us to make the most of our lives and to make sure we live within God's 'guidelines'. If we deliberately f*** up then we get punished, simple. You might not even think you've done wrong, but everything happens for a reason and often it is to test us and to make us stronger.

I believe that God sends us signs when we are in danger of veering off the right path. It is then up to us what we do.

God is there to guide us, not to bale us out.

Jul 5, 2003
Manchester.
Safeway said:
Tut tut tut. :nono:

God is there to help us in our time of need, but that doesn't mean we take the piss and don't behave ourselves in the meantime.

It is up to us to make the most of our lives and to make sure we live within God's 'guidelines'. If we deliberately f*** up then we get punished, simple. You might not even think you've done wrong, but everything happens for a reason and often it is to test us and to make us stronger.

I believe that God sends us signs when we are in danger of veering off the right path. It is then up to us what we do.

God is there to guide us, not to bale us out.

Who does god send signs to ? Osma bin larden ? Rapists ? Muggers ? etc.

JEM

Jul 5, 2003
Bevendean
Re: Anyone Goe To Church?

berkshire seagull said:
So is there any vibrant church goers mmmm?

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha....

Only the Church Of The Poisoned Minds...

Last edited:

Now another question; Are you here? If the answer is "yes, of course I am" then "why are you who you are, and not exactly the same as another?".

I want to ask you these questions, and in brackets are the most likely, reasonable responses, and my own answers;

Are you unique? (answer; yes)
Do you feel important, as a unique being, to yourself? (yes)
Do you live in the future? (no)
Do you live in the past ? [reflecting on the past is another thing](no)
Do you live in the present? (yes)
How long is the present moment? (a trick question!) (errrm.... I can't say, the instant I live in is not measurable, yet is within time itself, it is certainly MY time)
How long is my death? (again un-answerable, I have not experienced it and no-body comes back alive to tell me)
When my body dies, will my spiritual being/my soul/the person in my mind disappear completely from all existence ....from all time?
(errr... time will not exist to me, but it will remain for those who live on without me. I may expect to experience my soul receding as life leaves my body and brain ...receding from the known entity, the bounds of my flesh and life's blood )
So, no longer existing in the time of the living - which is only a concept of living perception anyway since we created clocks to measure it, and heartbeats are the actual natural boundary we live within - do I go anywhere? (err...... infinite receding time that is not measured or bound by clocks and heartbeat?)

I would conjecture that I will actually go into infinity, unbound by time but with the experiences of life as my only luggage, my only possessions . I will not go into the future with the living, I will go dimensionally 'across' the path of measured time, into a 'death moment' that is timelessly small....but immeasurable because there is not any time there! I will carry only my knowledge and perceptions as gathered in my life experience.

The Bible suggests that a child is luckier to die - without the chance to even have sinned - as the total embodiment of it's life (perception and experience, or 'luggage' ) is as close to purity as possible. Can I myself hope to have a long life, yet have meaning and joy in death ? What will I see, when I die?
Will I see good things, among that 'luggage' of experience?

For my-self, I will have to think that over and give it consideration and perhaps my own reaction .
How about you ?

Jul 5, 2003
BN11
CAFC Matt said:
Don't now that should say

Have you tried the "Edit" button? It's a godsend for those pesky spelling mistakes.

LBF's initial response had me in stitches. Never have I seen a spleen vented so spontaneously or so venomously (sp?).

Lucky_Boy_Farang said:
What next life Safeway ? Could you alaborate please ?

If it's all the same with you I rather wouldn't. Not because I can't back up what I'm saying, but because my beliefs are my own, just like yours are your own.

I don't like getting involved in these sort of discussions. Never will all us agree and so it just ends up going 'round in circles.

I hearby withdraw from this thread.

ukade

Oct 7, 2003
O.k there are many types of christain church in this country. I ended up going a few times becuase my girlfriend started going and becuase of her christianity it killed our realtionship. She only went becuase she was brainwashed by her foster dad. I ended going to the clarenden centre with her in brighton and it was a very strange experience for me. It was like a rave with people dancing and fainting but without the E and Speed. Everyone was hugging, clapping and everyone was on a natural high which was very unusual for me. I then went to the jesus army, which again was very strange. The jesus army was a different set and seemed to cater for the people who had no hope in life left. All this in the end screwed my head up big time as I did not know whether it was ok to swear anymore or talk about money or listen to drum and bass and drop my regular weekend pill. I started to feel constraned and I was not myself anymore. The once hardcore rave promoting ade had turned in to a church going person who read the bible everyday. It was not me.
All these experiences has given me a lot of opinions on religion. My theory is that you cannot be a rich man and also be a christain at the same time it does not work. You either devote your whole life to god and the bible or you dont it's as simple as that. Just preying at christmas or when times are tough is not enough in my eyes. Each to their own, <u>this is just my opionion</u>. A lot of people I spoke too at the time said that they had felt god at sometime in their life which is why they ended up going to church, and that he was with them caring for them. A lot of people packed up work and became missionaries spreading the word of jesus, becuase they were told to by god himself. After my relationship collapsed I was glad to get away from it in all honesty. I did not like the way she had turned out and I did not like the way I was expected to change for her, and I also did not like the way her foster dad had brainwashed her and the rest of the family. As for now I do not follow any religion all I can see that it does is causes more problems than good. If I do experience this feeling from God one day like these christians said they did, then I might change my mind, but until that day I would rather stay away and forget these experiences.

oapdodge

Jul 15, 2003
Can't this be moved to a god channel or something ?
Far to heavy for me.
But why is it that so many perverts seem to turn up in something to do with churches ?
Any persuasion,Catholic,jeovah ? or what ever.Seems to attract perverts ?
At least football only attracts hooligans who kick shit out of each other rather then buggering little boys.

Sam

Formerly "Sambo"
Jul 22, 2003
Oxfordshire
oapdodge said:
Far to heavy for me.
But why is it that so many perverts seem to turn up in something to do with churches ?
At least football only attracts hooligans who kick shit out of each other rather then buggering little boys.

:clap2: :clap2:

Juan Albion

Chicken Sniffer 3rd Class
oapdodge said:
Far to heavy for me.

It's not that they attract perverts, it's just that the media jump on the few who are exposed. Perverts will turn up in every walk of life, but you don't condemn everyone else because of them. oapdodge, I am prepared to bet that in what ever job or hobbies you have got involved with, there were perverts somewhere or other but I bet that you didn't think that necessarily meant you were as bad.

Come to think of it, there are obviously perverts on here into 13 year old girls (judging from other threads) so that means we are all doomed! Those bloody football forums, breeding ground for perverts. Castrate the lot of them.

berkshire seagull

Jul 5, 2003
reading
Just like that daft cow b.spears who states god got her where she is and never liked her since as thats well fu-king weird.

Still shag the bitch though:lolol: :lolol:

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Funny how, when things go well they say 'Praise the Lord' and yet when things go wrong it's 'God's will'.

I find that, like people who believe their stars, most religious types can fit God's (or Allah's etc) will around their own circumstances. Sorry but to me it's down to Mumbo Jumbo and superstition, there's no basis in fact for belief in any diety. It's all down to Dogma and indoctrination.

ditchy

a man with a sound track record as a source of qua
Jul 8, 2003
brighton
Uncle Buck ..ive heard of that place in Kc whats it like have u been lately ?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here