Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Anyone Go To Church?

berkshire seagull

Jul 5, 2003
reading
Anyone Goe To Church?

So is there any vibrant church goers mmmm?

Only went once as a kid and that was for free sweets:clap2: :drink: :drink:

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Yes I am a regular churchgoer

Jul 5, 2003
Manchester.
People who go to church are sad ****s. They believe in god, Believe in the after life, To scared to die but think they'll join there love ones when they pass away. Its full of shit, you get one chance in life so live it to the full. Once your dead thats it.

If we are the childen of god why does he let rapists run amock ? Why does he let children starve in 3rd world countrys ? Why does he let murders live to a ripe old age while normal law abideing people suffer and die young of cancer when a high % haven't smoked etc. Why doesn't he wipe out bin larden ? Is it because he has his own god ? Thought we all was brought up thinking that there is only one god ?

Is there a god ? To f***ing right there isn't.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
I am certainly not a sad whatever because I go to Church.

Not as often as my wife and youngest though as my son plays footie most Sunday mornings in the winter.

LBF - I think it is quite rude of you to portray such a narrow minded vision of church, HOWEVER, I certainly have no wish to entertain a religious argument.

Each to their own.

bigc

Jul 5, 2003
freedom of beliefs LBF. I dont go, never will, and am no way religious, but I dont bear any ill-feelings to church goers, in fact I admire their faith and commitment

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Is LBF Ian Paisley in disguise.

Intolerance of those with faith is as bad as intolerance of those of another faith.

I believe in Mickey Adams. Keep the Faith:angel:

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Lucky_Boy_Farang said:
I opplogise for saying sad beach hut. I'll not say anything else on the matter.

No problem, apart from your spelling - are you FG indisguise ?

:p :p :p

berkshire seagull

Jul 5, 2003
reading
Lucky_Boy_Farang said:
People who go to church are sad ****s. They believe in god, Believe in the after life, To scared to die but think they'll join there love ones when they pass away. Its full of shit, you get one chance in life so live it to the full. Once your dead thats it.

If we are the childen of god why does he let rapists run amock ? Why does he let children starve in 3rd world countrys ? Why does he let murders live to a ripe old age while normal law abideing people suffer and die young of cancer when a high % haven't smoked etc. Why doesn't he wipe out bin larden ? Is it because he has his own god ? Thought we all was brought up thinking that there is only one god ?

Must agree to most of that all of it:D as most of these people put the unknown before there living life mmmmm strange to say the least.:drink:

Jul 5, 2003
Manchester.
Beach Hut said:
No problem, apart from your spelling - are you FG indisguise ?

:p :p :p

No one is perfect and that includes you beach hut, As I always drink in shoreham maybe you would like to meet for a drink then you could teach me how to spell and I could show a trick or two :D

Gouranga :smokin:

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
It's a matter of personal choice whether a person goes to church or not. I'm a relapsed catholic and confirmed agnostic nowadays.

My biggest problem with church goers in general is that so many of them are total hypocrits. I used to think catholics were pretty bad but having experienced some of the more extreme US religions (Southern Baptists and Penticostals to name but few) it's rather hard to have little more than contempt for the average church goer. This of course is rather unfair on those who do try to stick with the ten commandments I have to admit.

I also really have no time for the way that so many church goers adhere to the Bible word for word, verbatim. The new testement was writtin 2000 years ago for iliterate people who had no TV, Newspapers (pointless as they couldn't read anyway). Radio or Internet and thus the Bible is a very simplistic tome written for simple people and the vast majority of the content has no bearing on the current day. The habit of using the cryptic wording of both New and Old Testements to misquote in order to satisfy somebody's personal agenda (and bigotry) makes a mockery of of the so called spirit of the Bible but this behaviour can be heard from pulpits throughout the world all the time.

Still, you know what'll piss Christians off ? The day they knock on the Pearly Gates and find that they're opened by a bloke wearing a turban .........................

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
What makes me laugh are the 'Christians' who believe the Bible is the literal truth and say that homosexuality is a sin because it said so in the book....but don't talk about people eating prawn sandwiches as sinners (even though the same chapter that warns against gays has strictures on eating seafood).

Why don't they picket Pret a Manager if they're so fussed about people's sins? :)

To answer the original question: I'm not a believer, but I find something amazingly calming about going to church and I do attend a service every couple of years or so. I certainly wouldn't condemn someone for his or her beliefs.

Lucky_Boy_Farang said:

What a load of old rubbish. The problem is with your and other people's concept of God - as some 'person' who works to prevent reality from happening !
Yes, there are plenty of people cramming into meetings praying for some weird occasion where reality will be eclipsed by their hopeful delusioned fantasies or fairy-stories.
(I expect there will be someone along any minute to tell me they experienced a miracle that defies science)

If it were to suddenly dawn on people that scientific fact and stark reality were the 'works of God' they might realise how natural occurrences are (astounding but true) based on NATURE.
The work of the top scientists sometimes brings them around from refuting the existence of a "reason why we are here", into a recognition of a strange and wonderful thought that perhaps the whole shooting match was created by (gasp) a creator. Call it nature? Why not ? Is it natural for you to have a soul, a spirit, an instinct to reflect upon your emotional inner state? It doesn't sound UN-natural does it? Then maybe you have within you the creation, from the creator, that is your being, that is your nature?

Organised religion is scoffed at, but humanity's social need to gather and discuss the reflective inner being, the mind, the meaning and impulse that is sought beyond the mechanical instinct that precludes personality and individual decision, is the result of intellectuality. Apparently we are the most intelligent being on earth. Apparently that manifests in the unique search for "who am I why am I here?".
Perhaps most religious doctrine or church is misguided by halucinations, bizarre visions or misinterpretation - and perhaps that's because many members of these religions never question, are prepared to accept aged manuscript, scripture that has been transcribed too many times to be inherently true to it's roots - or totally based on an original superstition (!)

I am incredulous when I see latin culture rife with crime, blasphemy (e.g. sportsmen 'crossing' themselves when competing - through on goal by the grace of god !), and worshipping superstitious idols like 'Macumba'.
It's right to vilify kiddy-fiddling priests and the rules that encourage them to see it as the only way for them to have a sex life (!!)

It is the MISGUIDANCE of the masses to look beyond reality for a meaning, when it is ONLY to be found within reality.
The realisation of infinity is beyond our grasp - but you might take time to consider the infinities; Space, Time, Energy ........ and attempt to stretch your perception a little further .

Perhaps the concept of infinity might give reason to believe in life on another planet - or in the immaculate coincidence that gives life to our planet. Consider the wonder of the 'out-of-this-world'
creations around us - we don't really need to look to Rigo or Andromeda to see if there's a being that looks like a crab since we can actually look in a rock-pool and actually see a real one within a short distance from your house! You'd be 'blown away' to see electron micro-graphs, and see the face on a fly, the jaw of a spider, the exo-skeleton of a beetle.
Think "Who the heck thought those up?" .......and you are suddenly religious.
Wonder at the idea that you may be transcending time when you die, and that you are released from the beats that measure it, and you may consider this; Time is a concept trapped by our perception. Infinity is the free domain from perception. Perhaps you WILL go to infinity when you leave (?) Perhaps all your experiences and character will be the infinite perception you will have to go to, infinitely, inevitably.
Doesn't that make you want to 'get it right', for God's sake?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here