Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Anyone feel sorry for Northampton?

Don Tmatter

Jul 7, 2003
dont matter
Any club who employs Stuart Gray as their manager can expect relegation at some stage.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Er let me think about this for a moment

Er

Umm

Er

Umm

No.

Barry Izbak

U.T.A.
Dec 7, 2005
Lancing By Sea
glad this aint a poll

No

fcuk off

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
nope

See-Goals

DIIIIIIIIIIIIIVE
Aug 13, 2004
Seaford
I wouldn't be disappointed if we signed their defender Jason Crowe (right or left back - can't remember) he's always had a good game against us.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
nope, sure if it had been us down and they survived that wouldn't have give two hoots about us

NF9

Feb 24, 2009
Brighton
f*** Northampton in a Relegation battle you must be ruthless and take no prisoners!:dunce:

RM-Taylor

He's Magic.... You Know
NSC Patron
Jan 7, 2006
Stood at the top of the East Stand at Elland Road, and the Northampton fans all started going crazy, jumping up and down and hugging each other, shouting "1-0, 1-0" before realising they got it the wrong way round. What a sight :lolol:

Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill
If the search facility was available, I'd be able to dredge up my prediction WEEKS AGO that Northampton would go down.

I think it's come as a bit of a shock to them, though ... rather like Hereford in 1997, the possibility of relegation never crossed their minds until it was too late.

At least we had WEEKS to realise that a turn-round in form was needed.

Well I can't offer such sage like predictions, but the consensus down the Duke Of Wellington prior to the match was that Northampton would go down. What a choker, they needed 1 point from their last 2 matches, and didn't get it.

Northampton - Last 10 matches LDLLLWDWLL - 8 points
Brighton -Last 10 Matches LDLWLWWWDW - 17 points

So they had 41 points as at 21st March (we only had 35), and they only managed another 8 points!

If the search facility was available, I'd be able to dredge up my prediction WEEKS AGO that Northampton would go down.

I think it's come as a bit of a shock to them, though ... rather like Hereford in 1997, the possibility of relegation never crossed their minds until it was too late.

At least we had WEEKS to realise that a turn-round in form was needed.
Found it.

14 March.

Bottom 6 at end of season. - North Stand Chat

Horney

Oct 12, 2008
They have never managed more then 4 season out of the basement division. I think that in itself speaks volumes of the level of football they play and aspire to.

Are you sure ? Do you mean 4 successive seasons or ' in total ' ?
In the 60's they climbed from the basement to the top division and then fell all the way back again. That in itself was a minimum of 6 seasons out of the basement but from memory was 8 or 9.
Sorry to be pedantic but facts are facts.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here