Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Anyone feel sorry for Northampton?

Screaming J

He'll put a spell on you
Jul 13, 2004
Exiled from the South Country
No more or less than if any other team went down. What did for them was the fixture list and not getting enough points before having to play Franchise FC (H) and Leeds (A) last 2 games of the season.

I do not want to think about what might have happened had those been our last 2 games.......

Time for another bottle of Harveys I think.....

RexCathedra

Aurea Mediocritas
Jan 14, 2005
Vacationland
One win more down the stretch would have seen Cobblers home and dry, maybe one draw would have been enough. Their form over the last eight games were LLWDWLLL.

Maybe not a choke, but certainly choke-ish...

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing
Very strange for a team to get relegated on such a low minus gd... i bet they're gutted.
Nearly as gutted as Crewe, whom i would expect that 0-4 thrashing of us seems like a long long time ago

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
I feel sorry for their fans, it's a cruel end to the season for them. But I don't really care, we're staying up and we deserve to over 46 games, thanks to Russell Slade!!!! :albion2:

Forster
:goal:

Wardy

NSC's Benefits Guru
Oct 9, 2003
In front of the PC
They have never managed more then 4 season out of the basement division. I think that in itself speaks volumes of the level of football they play and aspire to.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
I spoke to Russ earlier , he thought that Stockport had scored as all the Northampton fans in the cheese wedge were jumping up and down in jubilation and singing 1-0 , 1-0 with 15 minutes to go. They got the score wrong , ha ha.

If the search facility was available, I'd be able to dredge up my prediction WEEKS AGO that Northampton would go down.

I think it's come as a bit of a shock to them, though ... rather like Hereford in 1997, the possibility of relegation never crossed their minds until it was too late.

At least we had WEEKS to realise that a turn-round in form was needed.

brakespear

Doctor Worm
Feb 24, 2009
Sleeping on the roof
Other team's fans bleed too. I never rejoice in another club's misfortunes (well, except for a few exceptions!), and I'm sure Northampton fans are feeling like sh*t right now.

My over-riding emotion, though, is ANYONE as long as it's not us!

this, pretty much

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here