Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Anyone elses office full of couching and spluttering

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Two people in here have been coughing, yacking up phlegm and sneezing all over the place for the last two days. It's like a waiting game until everyone else in infected especially considering nobody sits more than about two metres away from eachother. It's a hive of germs. I don't see why people aren't told to just go home.

:angry:

edit: I clearly meant COUGHING in the thread title.

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
Now this is an office full of people couching.

Attachments

• ist2_323957-workteam.jpg
    ist2_323957-workteam.jpg
    29.3 KB · Views: 302

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
That looks like one of them fancy offices that google or whatver have got.

Just noticed I didn't even put a question mark in the thread title, I must be coming down with something.

Carrot Cruncher

NHS Slave
Helpful Moderator
Jul 30, 2003
Southampton, United Kingdom
Colds are one of those SHIT illnesses where, as far as the workplace is concerned, you're damned if you come in with it and you're damned if you don't.

It's a moral minefield, I tells ya.

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
Colds are one of those SHIT illnesses where, as far as the workplace is concerned, you're damned if you come in with it and you're damned if you don't.

It's a moral minefield, I tells ya.

This is quite true.

In my last workplace there was a rule that you couldn't come in with a clod, because most of the employees had young children. In my new workplace there is no such rule.

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
This is quite true.

In my last workplace there was a rule that you couldn't come in with a clod, because most of the employees had young children. In my new workplace there is no such rule.

In my workplace there is a rule that you cannot have more than 7 sick days in a 365 day period. Else disciplinary action and pay docking is metted out by our friends in HR.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Not here. There is the smell of coffee, some crap CDs on and some chap with his hands down his trousers.

I work at home on my own.

METALMICKY

Jan 30, 2004
Not here. There is the smell of coffee, some crap CDs on and some chap with his hands down his trousers.

I work at home on my own.

Should that CD. Not be Death Magnetic in prep for Sat gig. And of course should I spy a fellow Albion fan I may feell obliged to query with your better half about how you while away your working hours :lol:

Back to the core topic.Colds are a no win in the workplace. Come in and you spread the germs yet stay home and HR are on your back. Having said that I do hate those people with the merest sniffle and they are convinced they have full blown flu or the Ebola virus!

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Should that CD. Not be Death Magnetic in prep for Sat gig. And of course should I spy a fellow Albion fan I may feell obliged to query with your better half about how you while away your working hours :lol:

Back to the core topic.Colds are a no win in the workplace. Come in and you spread the germs yet stay home and HR are on your back. Having said that I do hate those people with the merest sniffle and they are convinced they have full blown flu or the Ebola virus!

I know that album pretty well thanks :) I've had it on my ipod for running purposes for a good length of time now. Been trawling through their back catalogue as well. Four Horsemen sounds a tad amateurish these days though. But Creeping Death is as awesome as ever. Battery is a favourite.

I'm more Richard Fairbrass than James Hetfield these days but if you know who I am and spot me please say hello.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Well how f***ing predictable. It's Friday and now I've got it coming. Woke up this morning with a BURNING throat.

Would go home but I'm not coughing over everyone. Which is a shame.

Father Jack

Aug 21, 2005
i was coughing everywhere at football last night max, you breathed the same air as me so please accept my apologies for my potential input into your up and coming cold!

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Is one of them that Baked Bean Man ?

Only a month to go then. Then a latent period, and another month of a ticklish throat and blocked up nose. Do-do tablets might do the trick, but these might not pass a dope test. Side-effects, beware.

The Galpseud 60 mg tablets the Doctor gave me weren't much good. These would probably fail an athletics dope test as well.

Other than that, the safe drug-free method is to be suspended upside down over a pond of boiling water and the steam goes up yer nostrils.

Gawd, I've run out of cigarette papers.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
This sounds like the bug that was going around oop north last October and November and has migrated down south gradually. If its the same , the coughing lasts for about 9 weeks and you feel like shit until it goes.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here