Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Anyone else watching the HOCKEY

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
2-1 to GB against NZ - needing a win to keep alive medal chances...

They should play the hockey at the City of Manchester* stadium in 2012.

*home of MANCHESTER CITY.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Yes, yes I am.

I used to go to Uni with two former GB hockey internationals.

I did the same course as them and one of our modules invovled a field trip to the City of Manchester Stadium.

Falmer Stadium will be designed to cater for Hockey, but I would imagine that they will play the Olympic games on astroturf as opposed to grass.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
All hockey at all levels is played on astroturf now. The days of grass hockey is long gone!

Apart from the Penguins (Worthing) Festival, which is played on grass. I made my debut this year and we played in light blue shirts. A similar colour to a well known football team that shall be playing at Withdean soon.

seagulls4ever

Oct 2, 2003
Ah yes, I mean all league matches. I've never actually played in that, despite the fact that I live one minute from where it is played.

What team do you play for?

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
:D I wasn't being serious. The standard (something to do with the alcohol) left a lot to be desired. I played for a team called BOOBs, ergo Best of Old Brookes.

Great fun, although we boycotted the third day due to some heavy excess at Rutherfords (or whatever it is called now) the night before.

Really enjoyable. You should definitely give it a crack next year.

Slough Seagull

Bye Bye Slough
Nov 23, 2006
wish I was as one of the wife's work colleagues is playing and I can't get the bbc feed at work because the server thinks I'm based in New York

Skint Gull

Jul 27, 2003
Watchin the boats go by
wish I was as one of the wife's work colleagues is playing and I can't get the bbc feed at work because the server thinks I'm based in New York

You'll be pleased to know we won then.

The bloody sound on the BBC feed is about 2 seconds too slow, very annoying if you've got it on in the background cos by the time you look it's too bloody late!

Hiney

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Penrose, Cornwall
Trevor HOCKEY was a bearded footballer from the 1970s

Whilst playing for Sheffield United on 12th February 1972, he broke his leg in the game against MANCHESTER CITY who, coincidentally, play Brighton & Hove Albion in the next round of the League Cup in September

Jimmy Grimble

Nov 10, 2007
Starting a revolution from my bed

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here