Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Anyone else watching the HOCKEY

Jimmy Grimble

Nov 10, 2007
Starting a revolution from my bed

seagulls4ever

Oct 2, 2003
Anyone who simply says 'hockey is shit' is an arrogant twat. I do not like cricket, but I don't post 'cricket is shit' in any of the cricket threads, I respect other peoples preferences.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Sorry to disappoint. I would try harder but I'm leaving in ten minutes and I can't stop thinking about booze.

Juan Albion

Chicken Sniffer 3rd Class
Apart from the Penguins (Worthing) Festival, which is played on grass. I made my debut this year and we played in light blue shirts. A similar colour to a well known football team that shall be playing at Withdean soon.

Did you play for the Penguins? I turned out for them back in the eighties. Wow, I'm OLD.

Juan Albion

Chicken Sniffer 3rd Class
Sadly no and we managed to elude them entirely as they were in another group. Well organised though and a great deal of fun. I played for BOOBs (Best of Old Brookes).

Ah yes, I see. Saw the bit about the Boobs but didn't realise they were related.

I mostly played for the Penguins mixed team since they didn't play on Saturdays, which would have made it difficult to get to the Goldstone. Had other advantages too.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Ah yes, I see. Saw the bit about the Boobs but didn't realise they were related.

I mostly played for the Penguins mixed team since they didn't play on Saturdays, which would have made it difficult to get to the Goldstone. Had other advantages too.

Mixed hockey, despite being a slightly lesser game, does INDEED have other advantages. You sly old dog. :blush:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here