Big stars looking to bail out:

Drogba - Italy
Adebayor - Italy
Hleb - Spain
Ronaldo - Spain
lampard - Italy (poss)
Alonso - Italy

The papers are full of these players looking to go where the money seems to be

If the big names start to go, then sky will have to finance something that people will not be prepared to pay silly money to see.

Northstander

Oct 13, 2003
Give the Home growns a chance, big season this year for Walcott

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
but will that people used to watching the likes of Drogba etc pay to watch young english talent?

pishhead

Jul 9, 2003
Everywhere
They will all be replaced with similar big names from the countries mentioned. Players are now mercenaries, if Hamilton academical suddenly started paying out 200k per week on wages i'm sure you would see X and Y strutting there stuff there.

Northstander

Oct 13, 2003
Cant remember his name but a guy from Lyon (I think) ..Last name begins with a b..he will go to Man Utd and replace Ronaldo

You heard it here first :thumbsup:

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Cant remember his name but a guy from Lyon (I think) ..Last name begins with a b..he will go to Man Utd and replace Ronaldo

You heard it here first :thumbsup:

Karim Benzema.

Good player, I'm sure he must be on Man U's radar.

andybaha

Jan 3, 2007
Piddinghoe
I think the Premier League is boring. Can just about bring myself to watch MOD but quite often don't make it to the end. Unless you are actually an Arsenal fan how can anyone enjoy watching a team of 11 foreigners. Normally I think Sepp Blatter is a nob but I hope he gets his way with the limit to foreign players.

See if you can guess who will be in the top 4 places next season? The relegation places won't be much more interesting, probably between about 5 or 6 teams.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Whilst it is GREAT that Stoke etc are in the Prem as its a big "two fingers" up to the "bigger" clubs, I cant wait for Sky HYPE machine to try and GLAMORISE that fixture or say West Brom v Fulham or Boro v Wigan or Bolton v Hull. Big f***ing deal. I do hope that ALL three promoted clubs stay up to REALLY piss of SKY. Its gonna be a hard sell once the novelty has worn off.

Scratch the surface and you will find (outside of say 7 or 8 "glamour" clubs the rest is actually average.

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
I think the Premier League is boring. Can just about bring myself to watch MOD but quite often don't make it to the end. Unless you are actually an Arsenal fan how can anyone enjoy watching a team of 11 foreigners. Normally I think Sepp Blatter is a nob but I hope he gets his way with the limit to foreign players.

See if you can guess who will be in the top 4 places next season? The relegation places won't be much more interesting, probably between about 5 or 6 teams.

Snap with MoTD, usually watch the first couple of games then turn off, there is a reason why the least interesting games are placed low down the running order...plus hit helps reduce the amount of time needed to see only the good bits.

Gully

Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
Whilst it is GREAT that Stoke etc are in the Prem as its a big "two fingers" up to the "bigger" clubs, I cant wait for Sky HYPE machine to try and GLAMORISE that fixture or say West Brom v Fulham or Boro v Wigan or Bolton v Hull. Big f***ing deal. I do hope that ALL three promoted clubs stay up to REALLY piss of SKY. Its gonna be a hard sell once the novelty has worn off.

Scratch the surface and you will find (outside of say 7 or 8 "glamour" clubs the rest is actually average.

Do you think that we will go back to the situation, that we had before all the money arrived, where quite average teams were promoted to the top division and lasted more than a couple of seasons?

steward 433

Back and better
Nov 4, 2007
Brighton
The premiership started to implode years ago with all the overpriced players and wages screwing over the lower leagues.

Manure started it and are to blame for the whole league the way it is today.

They were the original "money club" in this country who bought the title and have been buying trophys ever since

Gully

Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
I hope so. That was what football was about.

You and me too.

I wonder if the top clubs will rethink what they charge the fans because of the credit crunch, will be interesting to see how many empty seats there are at Premiership grounds next season, think it might have some effect.

zoogull

zoogull
May 29, 2008
Herstmonceux
Sadly I fear the Premiershite will continue in its current format as long as Sky are prepared to throw money at it, so the steady stream of footballers from abroad is unlikely to stop.

However if Abramovich decided to quite Chelsea and go looking for a different toy to play with that would present an interesting wage dilemma for the overpaid and in some cases, distinctly average talents on show.

Gully

Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
We have discussed Chelsea on here a few times, I think that they could be in dire straits if Abramovich walked away, unless they could find another owner with a similarly large pot of cash at their disposal. If as seems likely a fair chunk of their stars walk away during the summer, some to join the mercurial Jose, it will be interesting to see who they are replaced with...if they get it wrong then mid-table beckons.

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Mark my words

The Premiership will never implode

Knotty

Feb 5, 2004
Canterbury
The premiership started to implode years ago with all the overpriced players and wages screwing over the lower leagues.

Manure started it and are to blame for the whole league the way it is today.

They were the original "money club" in this country who bought the title and have been buying trophys ever since

What should they have done instead?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here