Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Anyone else think Sambo's username is slightly RACIST?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
everyone shut up now as Sambo has explained the reason for his nickname, leave Safeway alone he's a thoroughly decent chap, move along nothing to see here.

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Minteh Wonderland
Sambo said:
cheers redland, i didnt even know that sambo might have been racist until wozza said something! i hope that people werent being racist to me! (im not coloured either so i dont see how they can be racist). the world has gone mad:angry:

But, even after you were told it's offensive to some, you still went ahead and got your name changed.

That might not make you a racist, but it certainly makes you insensitive. And rather stupid IMO.

Are you getting the word printed on the back of your shirt by the way?!?

Sam

Formerly "Sambo"
Jul 22, 2003
Oxfordshire
munster monch said:
For the record, Im not bothered about the user name as I often say Im going for a Sambo when I go for a Sandwich. What does bother me is the moderators ignoring the real issues when they gut so hung up on trivial things.

For your info Safeway, I happen to live in the Munster region of Ireland. I don't get your sense of humour though. The idea of posting something inflammatory as a joke or wind up is beyond me, and if it is offensive you can expect people to respond accordingly.

you could cut the tension with a knife!

I can see safeway sitting there laughing his balls off:lolol:

tinx

Jul 6, 2003
Horsham Town
I repeat, its a f***ing joke, if you don't find it funny, tough, I think it was quite amusing and more amusing was the OTT responses it has got.

Chillout and move on, its no big deal

Sam

Formerly "Sambo"
Jul 22, 2003
Oxfordshire
Wozza said:
But, even after you were told it's offensive to some, you still went ahead and got your name changed.

That might not make you a racist, but it certainly makes you insensitive. And rather stupid IMO.

Are you getting the word printed on the back of your shirt by the way?!?

might do! i dont intend to be racist, so should i make people call me Sam from now on? tell them that they are being racist? so ive got to tread on eggshells because one or two bollock jugglers think that wearing Sambo on a Brighton shirt is obviously racist isnt it.

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Minteh Wonderland
My last word on the matter.

Let's put it like this...

If your real name was John Pakian, you could let your friends call you Paki, and you could have Paki written on the back of your shirt.

It wouldn't neccesarily make your or your friends racist.

But, really, would it be a good idea?

And do you think the mods on NSC would allow it as a username?

Italiaseagull

Jul 7, 2003
Sydney
Safeway said:
Knocking one out actually. But you don't wanna know that.

True I didn't want to know that, but question for you. When your knocking one off and feeling all relaxed, does poo sometimes slip out? :blush:

Sam

Formerly "Sambo"
Jul 22, 2003
Oxfordshire
quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally posted by Sambo
I can see safeway sitting there playing with his balls :lolol:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Italiaseagull said:
Oh really :rolleyes: :safeway

sorry i should keep my fantasies to myself :safeway :lolol:

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
Italiaseagull said:
True I didn't want to know that, but question for you. When your knocking one off and feeling all relaxed, does poo sometimes slip out? :blush:

:lolol: :clap2: :lolol:

Wozza said:
My last word on the matter.

Let's put it like this...

If your real name was John Pakian, you could let your friends call you Paki, and you could have Paki written on the back of your shirt.

It wouldn't neccesarily make your or your friends racist.

But, really, would it be a good idea?

And do you think the mods on NSC would allow it as a username?

Wozza, for an intelligent bloke, that is such a lame argument. :lolol:

Sam

Formerly "Sambo"
Jul 22, 2003
Oxfordshire
Im now being forced to change my username!:cry::cry::cry:

PM Just recieved

Username
Hi

We at mod towers have received some complaints about your username. Could I ask you to change it please as it has unpleasant racist undertones

Cheers

El P

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here