Jul 5, 2003
at home
....its getting close you know

smug smilie:lolol:

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
I think the Kerry Mayo thing won it for UB.

Uncle Buck said:
But Steve if you had watched the Albion before we came back to Withdean you would know that Mayo started out as a central midfielder and one season even scored 6 goals from that position, so it was not totally alien to him. It was not until Mickey Adams arrived that he really started to play at left back, but this was before football was fashionable, so you would not know this.

Last edited:

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Indeed.

Rumour has it that he did himself no favours at Southampton. As the Albion fans sang "swing low sweet chariot", young Steve didn't get the irony and being a rugby man and complete know it all, started singing the second verse. :D

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
To be fair LI came back with quite a good reply!

Jul 5, 2003
Cardiff
Owned.

I just looked back at a few old copies of the Official PFA Footballers Factfile (pre-Withdean). Mayo is described as 'an automatic choice in the Seagulls' midfield' and a 'midfield dynamo'.

Owned. Big time.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
The Laughing Bluebird said:
I just looked back at a few old copies of the Official PFA Footballers Factfile (pre-Withdean). Mayo is described as 'an automatic choice in the Seagulls' midfield' and a 'midfield dynamo'.

Yes there was a time when that was the case!

Last edited:

Simster said:
Indeed.

Rumour has it that he did himself no favours at Southampton. As the Albion fans sang "swing low sweet chariot", young Steve didn't get the irony and being a rugby man and complete know it all, started singing the second verse. :D

We have a unique version of that song at London Irish :D

Tony Meolas Loan Spell said:
To be fair LI came back with quite a good reply!

*Doh* the point of this thread is not to be fair but for all my Fan Club to worship me in their own special way :wave:

Last edited:

Simster said:
I bet it's HILARIOUS.

It always gets a good reaction from England fans :D

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here