Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Anyone else starting to get tired of Gus' whinging?

Mendoza

NSC's Most Stalked
We have turned into a right little Arsenal.

Pretty football - check
Top of the league - check
Quiet home fans - check
Moaning fans - check
Play worse when the weather is cold - check
Not winning never our fault - check
Whinging about opposition tackles and referee's - check
Bad disciplinary record - check
Foreigners in gloves - check

But I still love us

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Yes, they are all shit, so instead of moaning about them every week why not accept they are not going to be very good unless we get into them prem, and even then he'll keep moaning, rather than talk about things we are doing/failing to do, there's many, many things to do other than moan about the standard of the refereeing, he just needs to realise that they standard of reffing in this league isn't up to his standards, but constantly complaining isn't doing anything, I just wish he'd show some respect to the referees, I never even hear an 'I know it can be difficult but...' it's just moan, moan moan.

So, let me see if I've understood this. League 1 gets the referees who aren't good enough for the Premier League because they make too many mistakes or aren't very good? Meanwhile, these same referees are affecting outcomes of games because of some awful decisions but we're supposed to ignore all of this until we get to the level where referees are of a better quality? How on Earth can standards be raised if people aren't allowed to criticise or say anything? As for respecting referees, isn't respect earned? Some of the clowns we've seen in charge of our games appear to be desperate to be the centre of attention-and as a result spoil the games they are refereeing. Time for referees to be honest and be made to explain some of their decisions after matches.

So, Gus-if a referee has screwed up and cost us points-carry on letting them know.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
So, let me see if I've understood this. League 1 gets the referees who aren't good enough for the Premier League because they make too many mistakes or aren't very good? Meanwhile, these same referees are affecting outcomes of games because of some awful decisions but we're supposed to ignore all of this until we get to the level where referees are of a better quality? How on Earth can standards be raised if people aren't allowed to criticise or say anything? As for respecting referees, isn't respect earned? Some of the clowns we've seen in charge of our games appear to be desperate to be the centre of attention-and as a result spoil the games they are refereeing. Time for referees to be honest and be made to explain some of their decisions after matches.

So, Gus-if a referee has screwed up and cost us points-carry on letting them know.

Quite agree. Im still STEAMING at the complete ineptness of that Bournmouth "penalty" decision even now!

But on the other hand we do need to look at ourselves, we got given the opportunity to score from the penalty and f***ed it up.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Quite agree. Im still STEAMING at the complete ineptness of that Bournmouth "penalty" decision even now!

But on the other hand we do need to look at ourselves, we got given the opportunity to score from the penalty and f***ed it up.

I fully agree that we can have no complaints if we fail to score from a penalty or from a favourably positioned free kick and Gus appears to agree with that, and rightly so. What makes fans (and managers) so angry is when game changing incorrect decisions are given and the referees don't have to explain themselves to the people they've pissed off. Why should lower league football have to accept the rejects from the Prem-our results are just as important.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
The problem is those explanations will never be good enough for most fans/managers.

Besides most explanations will be "the rule is "in the opinion of the referee yadayadayada", and in my opinion yadaydayada". People will still disagree with it. They will still say "That's never a foul, if you'd played the game you'd know this stuff happens"

Most referee decisions can be explained by reading the laws of the game and advice to referees. The ones that can't are usually mistakes, and the explanation "I'm sorry, I got that one wrong, at the time I thought yadayadayada", fans, players and managers won't appreciate the honesty, they'll focus on the fact he made a mistake, that he thought that in the first place when you never did (ignoring the different positions, the pressure of being in that situation, and the neutrality of the ref, all things most fans and players never experience).

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Referees are part of the game, but it's easier to moan about them than it is to moan about the inadequicies of your own players. Every goal we conceed is from a cross into the box, and that is the fault of our goalkeeper in my opinion. But rather than blame him, because he is good at every other aspect of goalkeeping, Poyet switches the attention to the referee. Like every top manager does, when does Mourinho ever point out a flaw in one of his most important players? He doesn't, and neither should Poyet.

Another thing, a few people I know have been moaning about Poyet's negative tactics. Not neccessarily on here, but in real life. My only criticism of Poyet is not playing Matthew Sparrow every single game when fit, because he focuses more on making us hard to play against and making us solid defensively. Our promotion campaign is being built on a strong defence, and personally, I like that. I don't like Kishishev, and personally I would have Bridcutt in the team with Dicker looking after the defensive side of the game, and have Sparrow marauding forward. I'm not saying I know better than Poyet, obviously I don't, but that's my opinion.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
We have turned into a right little Arsenal.

Pretty football - check
Top of the league - check
Quiet home fans - check
Moaning fans - check
Play worse when the weather is cold - check
Not winning never our fault - check
Whinging about opposition tackles and referee's - check
Bad disciplinary record - check
Foreigners in gloves - check

But I still love us

Foreign manager who the opposition fans hate because of his bias.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here