Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Anyone else starting to get tired of Gus' whinging?

Marc1901

Peace out.
Apr 26, 2009
The Championship.
I love Gus Poyet and he can moan all he likes about the ref's because in this league they are a f***ing joke. Yesterday was just another example of how shit the standard of ref's are in this league.

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
I love Gus Poyet and he can moan all he likes about the ref's because in this league they are a f***ing joke. Yesterday was just another example of how shit the standard of ref's are in this league.

Yes, they are all shit, so instead of moaning about them every week why not accept they are not going to be very good unless we get into them prem, and even then he'll keep moaning, rather than talk about things we are doing/failing to do, there's many, many things to do other than moan about the standard of the refereeing, he just needs to realise that they standard of reffing in this league isn't up to his standards, but constantly complaining isn't doing anything, I just wish he'd show some respect to the referees, I never even hear an 'I know it can be difficult but...' it's just moan, moan moan.

Last edited:

Marc1901

Peace out.
Apr 26, 2009
The Championship.
Yes, they are all shit, so instead of moaning about them every week why not accept they are not going to be very good unless we get into them prem, and even then he'll keep moaning, and talk about things we are doing/failing to do, there's many, many things to do other than moan about the standard of the refereeing, he just needs to realise that they standard of reffing in this league isn't up to his standards, but constantly complaining isn't doing anything, I just wish he'd show some respect to the referees, I never even hear an 'I know it can be difficult but...' it's just moan, moan moan.

Are you a referee and had a hard sunday today then? If not why are you SO worried about Poyet's opinions on ref's.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut

They give us plenty of penalties though.....

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
I'm not tired of it or of him in any way whatsoever.

He defends and sticks up for his players just the same as any one of us would do in his position, and I love him for it.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
better than having a shoulder shrugger

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Going against the grain here, but I'm getting a little embarrassed by it. The football he's got Albion playing is great though, and I really believe we'll get through this bad patch if indeed we're still in it. And I suppose I'd much rather he was the one calling on opposition players to be sent off than any of our players.

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
I don't have any problem with Gus's comments on saturday as they were a direct response to lee clarke's criticism. I like the fact he has a fire in his belly, as indeed did the team at the end of the game, I hope they can take that passion into friday's game.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
I do wish he wouldn't be such a bad loser. He's starting to sound like Wenger, which is a real shame.

How many top Managers' do you know who aren't bad losers? To get to the very top you have to hate losing! Sad but it's a fact.

BLOCK F

Feb 26, 2009
IMHO, he should stop blaming the refs for anything that goes against us.That is football.Get on with it Gus;keep up the good work but stop whingeing.
In post match interviews, I would rather hear his comments on our good and bad points and reasons for doing things, rather than the predictable referee blame game.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
How many top Managers' do you know who aren't bad losers? To get to the very top you have to hate losing! Sad but it's a fact.
Disagree - that's a total copout. If you want to be successful you have to be a bad loser?

Brian Clough seemed to do alright without being a bad loser, same with Howard Wilkinson when they won it at Leeds.

theonesmith

Oct 27, 2008
To be fair, how many of you actually listen to the full interview and not the edited selection of cuts..

Danny-Boy

Banned
Apr 21, 2009
The Coast
They give us plenty of penalties though.....

Exactimento. And if Albion had scored all those five penalties, I wonder if Gus would have been moaning so much then, eh?

Maybe a little moan about the inability of his players to kick a ball from the spot hard past a keeper would be more constructive, plus a lot of practice. I would give the ball to El-Abd.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
Disagree - that's a total copout. If you want to be successful you have to be a bad loser?

Brian Clough seemed to do alright without being a bad loser, same with Howard Wilkinson when they won it at Leeds.

OK, perhaps not all top Managers'. But that characteristic does seem to run in most of the really succesful ones. That burning desire to win at all costs tends to make a bad loser. And we all know there is nothing like football to make grown men act like spoilt children!

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
Hes had a lot to whinge about in my opinion, GUS is a legend in my eyes and can do no wrong.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here