Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Anyone else starting to get tired of Gus' whinging?

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
I am, every single bloody match it's never the team performance, it's always the referee, starting to really get on my tits, I don't care if the ref has made mistakes, I thought it was a bloody soft penalty, and we've got a couple of those lately, I'm happy about that but Gus just keeps on whining and whining, so much for respect for referees.

Edit: Yes, that is a typo in the thread title, seems you can't edit it though?

tonymgc

Banned
May 8, 2010
Drive by abusing
Gus is doing what? winching? What type of winch is he using? I hope its one of these

h12_winch.jpg

R. Slicker

Jan 1, 2009
No. If he stopped, who would I call if my car ever gets stuck in a ditch?

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
No, I like it.

I want the manager to stick up for us at every opportunity, all the top managers do it and it works. It's not just about influencing refs, it's about building a siege mentality within your team.

Fergie is a master of it, people hate him for it but he's successfull.

Give me an annoying winner over a nice guy loser any day of the week, I suspect many on here would rather have the nice guy loser

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Nope I love him. He can do what he likes all the time we are top of the league.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
No - I like it as I'm a Brighton fan - like him. If the ref has no balls and costs us points it needs highlighting. Love it.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Do we want a manager who thinks the team need a cuddle or one who wants us to wind up the opposition and whinges when lose? We haven't had so many good atmospheres at so many games in a season for ages. Most of it has to do with Gus and I love his passion

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
I find it mildly irritating but at the same time LOVE it that he talks about us as if we're the best team on the planet and NOBODY has the right to beat us. Ever. So on balance, no, not sick of it at all.

16bha

Sep 6, 2010
East Stand Upper & Worthing
It's a necessity fir aspiring managers now. Wenger and Fergie are the masters. If he was anyone else's manager I would find it irritating but as he's our manager then I love it. Passion!

227 BHA

Jul 5, 2003
Findon Valley, Worthing
I am, every single bloody match it's never the team performance, it's always the referee, starting to really get on my tits, I don't care if the ref has made mistakes, I thought it was a bloody soft penalty, and we've got a couple of those lately, I'm happy about that but Gus just keeps on whining and whining, so much for respect for referees

FFS we're still top of the league heading into Xmas!

It sometimes seems on here that some fans just spend their weekends wracking their brains over what to moan about!

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
No, not at all. I think he speaks a lot of sense and if he didn't do some "winching" people like you would be questioning his passion. FFS we're still top of the league, stop being so negative...

SNOOBS

Feb 25, 2007
Brighton
Its no coincidence that every other week Gus is talking about the referees - a lot of their decisions throughout matches are absolutely terrible for example Bridcutts "foul" for their first goal, which goes completely unnoticed. The standard of reffing is pretty poor overall.

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
Its no coincidence that every other week Gus is talking about the referees - a lot of their decisions throughout matches are absolutely terrible for example Bridcutts "foul" for their first goal, which goes completely unnoticed. The standard of reffing is pretty poor overall.

This. In this league I presume we get premier league cast offs? Refs change games- I went yesterday and I honestly believe under a different ref we would of won the game

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
He isn't doing anything that large numbers of our fans don't do. I can't remember the last time we had a ref that no one complained about.

I just accept that some fan, like some managers, will (publicly, at least) look to blame anything they can to avoid criticising the team. Fans will be fans, but as long as Gus can acknowledge the team's faults on the training ground, that's all that is important to me.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here