Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Anyone else slightly concerned about Palace's demise?

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
I was beginning to look forward to playing them regularly like it was (apparently) in the old days. Now it's looking like, apart from a bit of fun and games next season, we could pass them going in the opposite direction and never even play them at Falmer!

Sorry about another palace thread by the way!

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
I am not at all concerned.

Crystal Palace are a club with tremendous resilience. Their performances and results in the league and the FA Cup this season, despite the financial uncertainties, the unpaid wages, the transfer embargo and selling their best player, are evidence of that. At worst, they'll be mid-table League One next season. They may not even go down this season.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
I think people are forecasting their demise a little prematurely but ultimately they will do what others have done and be resurrrected off the backs of their debtors.

They are still favourites to stay up with the appointment of the right manager (mainly because the others down the bottom are playing so so very poorly and showing little signs of fighting to stay up). If they do come down I reckon we will be competing with each other for a play off place next season - could be fun...............

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
No.

Alfred the greatx

Cake anyone, bit overdone
Jun 15, 2008
I am a little concerned actualy. I hate them as much as anyone but i actualy enjoy hating them, how can i continue to get such negative pleasure if there is no one to loath any more?

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
i think it all depends on which manager they get - their team should be good enough to stay up in my opinion, and if they do come down then they will be competitive at this level, but obviously that depends on who leads them

who is actually charged with finding the new manager?

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
I am a little concerned actualy. I hate them as much as anyone but i actualy enjoy hating them, how can i continue to get such negative pleasure if there is no one to loath any more?

This is the second time in 10 years these parasitic scumbags have gone into administration-all the time their moronic supporters took great delight in our struggles.

If they end up in Blue Square South it will be nothing less than they deserve. Let them suffer for a few years.

The Phoenix

May 20, 2009
Eagle eyed view of you...
This is the second time in 10 years these parasitic scumbags have gone into administration-all the time their moronic supporters took great delight in our struggles.

If they end up in Blue Square South it will be nothing less than they deserve. Let them suffer for a few years.

Most of the stuff on this thread's been pretty sensible. Then the above happens^ :facepalm:

hitony

Administrator
Jul 13, 2005
South Wales (im not welsh !!)
I'm concerned about football in general, while there is short term joy for B&HA supporters over the likes of Palace and Portsmouth etc, I just wonder where it is all heading, to many football clubs owe way to much money, wages and transfer fees are just plain stupid money now.

In my opinion, it's a bit like house prices a while back, they got stupid, and it was obvious something had to give, and it did, the recession kicked in, I feel football is heading the same way.

The Phoenix

May 20, 2009
Eagle eyed view of you...
More like the time before the depression in the 20s. Massive amounts of buying and selling with huge amounts of debt due to nobody placing any regulations on the greed of individuals. Football's gonna crash.

Horses Arse

Jun 25, 2004
here and there

Ah, but we're so much better than them which is why I don't want to wish what we went through on them. They haven't the character or fans to withstand it and quite frankly I would prefer to see them around to mock. Heaven forbid that they become some sort of a martyr club!

The Grockle

Formally Croydon Seagull
Sep 26, 2008
Dorset
I want Palace to survive if i'm honest, much more of an incentive to gain promotion if there the league above.

whatever we say about them at least their fans are proper football fans who follow their local team and in an age when it's much easier to follow one of the big four or one of the bigger london clubs this should be applauded imo.

next year I really believe we can mount a realsitic charge for promotion, a couple of seasons with the scum in le championship then hopefully we can both drag our sorry arses up to the top flight and show the rest of the football world what a real rivalry is.

PHCgull

Gus-ambivalent User
Mar 5, 2009
More like the time before the depression in the 20s. Massive amounts of buying and selling with huge amounts of debt due to nobody placing any regulations on the greed of individuals. Football's gonna crash.

Speak for yourself. Some clubs have hit rock bottom and survived without living beyond their means.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Most of the stuff on this thread's been pretty sensible. Then the above happens^ :facepalm:

So which part don't you like? The fact that you've screwed your creditors TWICE in 10 years or the fact that your 'fans' have taken great delight in our struggles (financial) since we left The Goldstone whilst living way beyond your means and having players you couldn't afford?

For these reasons alone I hope you rot in the lower leagues for years and if you don't like that-tough.

fleet

Jul 28, 2003
Lets be honest we all want them to get relegated. Will be good to play them next season as long as we get 6 points.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Ah, but we're so much better than them which is why I don't want to wish what we went through on them. They haven't the character or fans to withstand it and quite frankly I would prefer to see them around to mock. Heaven forbid that they become some sort of a martyr club!

I don't want to see them go out of business but I certainly want to see them duly punished for ripping off their creditors twice in 10 years-all the while they were taking the piss and wishing us into The Conference. Then we get some Palarse chump coming on here expecting sympathy?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here