Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Anyone else remember we were told you could walk round concourses?

Aug 9, 2003
East Sussex
At my season ticket presentation we were told that the home concourses were all linked, so that homes fans from different stands could meet up.

Was anyone else told this?

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Didn't hear that...are you sure they didn't just mean after games?

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
In sure they said after the game. Ok you have to go out then in again but in essence you can walk round!

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
I admit, I thought the concourses were physically linked and after the games doors or shutters would open to let as wander around the ground.

But you can leave and enter concourses freely after the game.

guster

Jul 13, 2011
West Stand Lower
Yep i was told they were all linked too. I assumed there were going to be gates/shutters between them.
Doesnt really matter, only a few seconds walk to the next open door.

Aug 9, 2003
East Sussex
They are all linked, you walk out of one exit and straight into the entrance of your desired concourse

Except that if you walk out you are not allowed back in again (at least that's what stewards told me when I wanted to go to shop at half time). They said once your card has been entered it cannot be entered again, to prevent fraudelent passing of cards from those inside to those outside.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
It is a bit of a shame you can't wander round pre-match and meet mates/family for a beer, but easily done post-match

tezz79

Apr 20, 2011
Except that if you walk out you are not allowed back in again (at least that's what stewards told me when I wanted to go to shop at half time). They said once your card has been entered it cannot be entered again, to prevent fraudelent passing of cards from those inside to those outside.

Thats coz you can't at half time but you can at full time

Last edited:

Aug 9, 2003
East Sussex
In sure they said after the game. Ok you have to go out then in again but in essence you can walk round!

Don't know if that's true because stewards told me your card will only allow you one entry per. game. Even if you can do this after the game, it's not what was said at presentations. They volunteered the point that the concourses were linked-no point in saying this if all they meant was "you can walk out and walk back in again". The point was also clarified at the presentation because someone expressed concern about Millwall fans rampaging around the concourse-and guy said this didn't apply to away section concourse.

tezz79

Apr 20, 2011
Well I've been from my seat in the west stand & gone for a beer in the north after the match & didn't even have to use the turnstile as the gate was open.
Maybe the stewards didn't explain it well enough

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Well I've been from my seat in the west stand & gone for a beer in the north after the match & didn't even have to use the turnstile as the gate was open.
Maybe the stewards didn't explain it well enough

Similar. After almost every game so far I have left the WSU and gone round to meet my brother for a beer in East. No turnstiles, just wander in and buy a pint.

Aug 9, 2003
East Sussex

Fair enough if gates left open. Thanks for clarifying that for me.

Not much help to me personally as my son and I travel over 400 miles to home games and have to get to train straight after whistle if we want to get home that night! I was hoping I could meet up before game with some friends from West Stand.

Last edited:

les dynam

Oct 10, 2008
Hove
Is somebody really complaining because they can't go out of the ground at half time and then come back in? Deary me... of course you can't leave the ground, have you never been to a football stadium before!

As for the concourse complaint... how many grounds open up all the bars on all the concourses after the game and allow fans to bar hop from concourse completely freely... just one that i know of... and yet still people find something to whinge about.

les dynam

Oct 10, 2008
Hove
Fair enough if gates left open.

Not much help to me personally as my son and I travel over 400 miles to home games and have to get to train straight after whistle if we want to get home that night! I was hoping I could meet up before game with some friends from West Stand.

Try Dick's Bar

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here