Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Anyone else remember we were told you could walk round concourses?

tezz79

Apr 20, 2011
Fair enough if gates left open.

Not much help to me personally as my son and I travel over 400 miles to home games and have to get to train straight after whistle if we want to get home that night! I was hoping I could meet up before game with some friends from West Stand.

Yeah it's a bit of a pain ain't it, I've often fancied a pre match pint with a few mates from other stands..... There's always the swan I suppose.
400 miles !! Now that's dedication

tezz79

Apr 20, 2011
Is somebody really complaining because they can't go out of the ground at half time and then come back in? Deary me... of course you can't leave the ground, have you never been to a football stadium before!

As for the concourse complaint... how many grounds open up all the bars on all the concourses after the game and allow fans to bar hop from concourse completely freely... just one that i know of... and yet still people find something to whinge about.

It was hardly a whinge was it, he was just asking

les dynam

Oct 10, 2008
Hove
Still worth it. No-one else within 500 miles worth watching.

Mind you, some bloke who travels all the way from Hove will still call you a whinger.

actually i've moved from Hove now, i live in Brighton so takes me about 10 mins to get to the ground on the train.

sorry for jumping down your throat - it did sound like a bit of a moan though mate to be honest

tezz79

Apr 20, 2011

Mind you, some bloke who travels all the way from Hove will still call you a whinger.

Good man, I'm lucky coz only live a couple of miles away from stadium.... Can't imagine travelling that far for a home game but hats off to ya mate

tezz79

Apr 20, 2011
actually i've moved from Hove now, i live in Brighton so takes me about 10 mins to get to the ground on the train.

sorry for jumping down your throat - it did sound like a bit of a moan though mate to be honest

Aaah the moaning on here is awful ain't it, although like I said, I didn't feel ABD was moaning.... More of an inquiry :thumbsup:

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
At my season ticket presentation we were told that the home concourses were all linked, so that homes fans from different stands could meet up.

Was anyone else told this?

They definitely said that after games you could and e.g. an ES person could go to the WS bars to meet mates, or vice versa.

Is all that possible post match?

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
They definitely said that after games you could and e.g. an ES person could go to the WS bars to meet mates, or vice versa.

Is all that possible post match?

Yes

Well I've been from my seat in the west stand & gone for a beer in the north after the match & didn't even have to use the turnstile as the gate was open.
Maybe the stewards didn't explain it well enough

Similar. After almost every game so far I have left the WSU and gone round to meet my brother for a beer in East. No turnstiles, just wander in and buy a pint.

And, coming down the stairs from the WSU, I often encounter people going up, so I presume they're doing the same - going to meet mates in a different stand

Vegas Seagull

Jul 10, 2009

It IS all the way now, anyone that bought a house in south Hove so they could walk to the ground now find it's getting further away every decade!

Is somebody really complaining because they can't go out of the ground at half time and then come back in? Deary me... of course you can't leave the ground, have you never been to a football stadium before!
They allowed this at Notts County last season. But it was only the smokers that took up the offer.

tezz79

Apr 20, 2011
Yes

And, coming down the stairs from the WSU, I often encounter people going up, so I presume they're doing the same - going to meet mates in a different stand

I've often wondered if the same applys to the WSU & WSL, do you have to wait until after the game to go to & from them both ?

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
I've often wondered if the same applys to the WSU & WSL, do you have to wait until after the game to go to & from them both ?

I would presume so, but must admit I don't know. I tend to go up to the WSU maybe an hour or so before k.o. and my brother goes into WSL, then we meet in the East after the match for a beer or two. We only meet in the East as it seems to be the least busy, and it's closest to the P&R.

tezz79

Apr 20, 2011
I would presume so, but must admit I don't know. I tend to go up to the WSU maybe an hour or so before k.o. and my brother goes into WSL, then we meet in the East after the match for a beer or two. We only meet in the East as it seems to be the least busy, and it's closest to the P&R.

Aah I'll keep that handy little tip in mind.... Nice one.
Hope they have a good supply of harveys over there :thumbsup:

tezz79

Apr 20, 2011
Yes. They have separate entrances.

I didn't know they had separate entrances but to be honest (other than the tour) I havnt really wondered about much, usually just plot up for a few beers & then straight to my seat

Storer 68

Apr 19, 2011
At Hull rugby league derbies that i went to in the eighties - both sets of supporters would swap end ends at half time so they would continue being behind the goal like their team was attacking.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here