Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Anyone else really starting to dislike dickinson

Jim D

Jul 23, 2003
Worthing
Wins everything in the air? Thats my f***ing point, he doesnt f***ing jump for anything in the air

Jumping or not (and I would disagree that he doesn't jump) he wins his share against the defence. I would also say that his flick-ons are generally directed at our players. What more do you expect in league 1 - Carlton Cole?

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
One of the best players so far in a struggling team. Works very hard, despite limited service.

However, I do find this thread more than a bit disappointing as aren't we supposed to support the team? The poor bloke has had 4 games and the knives are out, very inappropriately as well in my opinion.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
I like the lad, looks genuine and has loads of goals in him. Yeh he does look clumsy but for someone who is very tall and has big feet, he can keep the ball and bring others in. His contribution on Saturday? A cracking goal, the penalty AND the free kick which led to Fozzies goal..... Awful huh?
For me, on Saturday, he went wide a bit too much, baring in mind we had two orthodox wingers on the pitch. I would have liked to have seen him in the box with Fozz and the wingers in those areas. Having said that he won the pen coming in from wide.
When we get going this guy is going to be a LEDGE, mark my words. :bowdown:

I'd say this is all about right. Particularly the bit about him continually going wide earlier, it rendered Bennett (who was excellent every time he got the ball) obsolete.

You can't really call the goal cracking though, as it took a massive deflection.

Mar 3, 2004
Hove
Its a minority though to be fair, who arnt fans...yet. He will get 20 goals this season but unfortunately that still wont please everyone.:dunce:

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Its a minority though to be fair, who arnt fans...yet. He will get 20 goals this season but unfortunately that still wont please everyone.:dunce:

I haven't seen anyone "get the knives out" for him yet?

Mar 3, 2004
Hove
I'd say this is all about right. Particularly the bit about him continually going wide earlier, it rendered Bennett (who was excellent every time he got the ball) obsolete.

You can't really call the goal cracking though, as it took a massive deflection.

Do you think so? I was right behind it in the family stand and, yeh it touched a player on the way, but only went slightly higher and slowed down a bit.

onthebeach

Jul 15, 2009
I personally think he is an assett to any team. he shows his presence and is a nuisance to the other team. he has also proved he can play at higher levels with 4 goals in 2 games when on loan to blackpool (Championship) being a centre half many years ago he is not afraid to go in on tackles and tracks back to help the defence too when needed so can pretty much dominate the pitch. he is a competent player who i think will bag all season long as long as he is fed.

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither
So 'starting to dislike Dickinson' isn't getting the knives out? What would you say was?

Quite.

Give the man a chance. Here is a bloke who was playing Sunday League a few years ago, who missed a chunk of last season, had an unhappy time at his last club, has moved to a new area, and is a recent record signing.

I only saw him against Walsall - but he looked good enough for me and the Albion. If he was Marco Van Basten in his prime - he wouldnlt be bloomin' playing for us. Get a grip.

KrustyKrab

Aug 6, 2009
Many of the fans are really starting to piss me off about players and what they think of them.

Liam Dickinson is one of the best strikers in the football league, the lads finish is fantastic hes an athlete, he works hard for his team and ALWAYS applauds the fans even when suffering a defeat.

all the signings that have been made are really good quality players but they arent under the wings of the right manager end of, no more to say.

Peter Grummit

Oct 13, 2004
Lewes
Having only seen him the once at the Stockport game I am genuinely excited about Dicko. Sure, he went wide but primarily after the sending offs as he was literally on his own in the Stockport half. I think he will be a particular asset away from home if he holds the ball up as well as he did on Saturday with little support.

Bring on the 'wall (ideally post extra time and good kicking from the 'Ammers)

PG

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008

I'd be exstatic to see him hit 20 because i dont see him as a player with that sort of scrappy mentality to dive on a loose ball in the box and turn it into a goal in the same way as someone like Fozzie, or perhaps even davies, he has a wonderful touch and a brilliant long shot, but playing 4-5-1 isnt going to work, he needs a work horse alongside him to pick up the slack that he leaves

sixnilup

Jul 24, 2007
I like the look of Dickinson. There is a lot more to come from him, But he needs to stay on his feet more.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Best striker since Zamora, great touch, good workrate wins nearly everything in the air, just needs someone beside him - anyone who thinks he's less than top quality, wait and see if we still have him at the end of the season, if he keeps up the workrate/quality a lot of clubs will be looking, championship quality striker!

What a load of rubbish the best striker since BZ is at the club having another hernia operation. Yes you have guessed it Glen Murray is the best by a country mile. IMHO Dickeson will prove an able deputy but is not a championship striker by a long way and has proved it at his previous club. He should however serve us well in Div 1.

k2bluesky

Sep 22, 2008
Brighton
What a load of rubbish the best striker since BZ is at the club having another hernia operation. Yes you have guessed it Glen Murray is the best by a country mile. IMHO Dickeson will prove an able deputy but is not a championship striker by a long way and has proved it at his previous club. He should however serve us well in Div 1.

Nope can't agree on Murray, you have to be fit and playing to be rated, since his arrival he's scored a few good goals but generally looks lackluster for a striker and seems physically too weak for this div, the hernia problems won't get any better, it's clearly a weakness and has cost us a lot with him just sitting in the treatment room (as Owen did at Newcastle). I'll back Dickenson over Murray to score more over a season.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here