Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Anyone else really starting to dislike dickinson

bright1064

Dec 21, 2007
Brighton
He worked hard yesterday, and has been one of our better players in the last few games. He isn't afraid to have a go at goal, even from distance, which is refreshing.

He should be better in the air for a big fella, he does go down a bit too easily, but ultimately he will score goals which is what he has been signed to do.

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
Yeah, I f***ing hate him too, even if he is the best player on the pitch by a mile.

You twat.

You know, as a different user I used to post a tonne of posts, now unless someone really riles me I cant be bothered.

Having a go at Dickinson, who is one of the gems of a so far poor as f*** season, is just dumb as f***.

Get a life.

Here, here.

:guns:

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
I don't dislike him, just think he's over-rated. How can NO ONE else notice that his touch was REALLY poor yesterday? He got tonnes of service but each time it would just bounce off him and off to a Stockport defender.

Genuinely, can you guys admit that he has a very poor first touch? Also, a 6ft6 striker who cannot head or control the ball from high, and spent the first half apologising for attempting aimless random flicks on?

SI 4 BHA

Nov 12, 2003
westdene, brighton
He is a bit of a pratt, that theatrical dive that got him booked yesterday was pathetic and sums him up. He thinks he's Gods gift to football, when he's really just a half decent League 1 striker. He has a good shot and will get some spectacular goals this season, but I don't see him getting stuck in where it hurts in the box and getting the scrappy type of goals that Owusu got last year. On balance, I would rather have kept Owusu as he is the sort of player that makes life difficult for defenders, but Dickinson will do ok for us all the time we are in League 1.

murraymint

Aug 13, 2008
This is a joke right? Because for just a second I thought I was reading a thread from a so-called fan slagging off one of our players for no good reason. If we had Messi and Henry up front there would still be moaners. We get moaners when he doesn't score, now we get moaners when he scores and wins a penalty. Obviously he's not the finished article, but he's had a pretty decent start to the season and ran his socks off yesterday.

Would you like it more if he waved at you?

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
I don't dislike him, just think he's over-rated. How can NO ONE else notice that his touch was REALLY poor yesterday? He got tonnes of service but each time it would just bounce off him and off to a Stockport defender.

Genuinely, can you guys admit that he has a very poor first touch? Also, a 6ft6 striker who cannot head or control the ball from high, and spent the first half apologising for attempting aimless random flicks on?

I think his first touch is inconsistent. I remember in the walsall game it seemed early on that the ball kept getting trapped under his feet and he seemed clumsy, but he started to get more control as the game went on.

Yesterday I don't think his first touch let him down every time, but to be fair, the ball is often whacked at him long distance, Whing seemed to be over-hitting everything (could have been the wind behind the ball). The only time the ball wasn't pinged at him was set pieces when they were floated in.

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
I don't think he is worth the money we paid and he definitely goes down too easily.

But, he looks like a forward who would benefit more from playing alongside a more physical forward who can take the kicks for him and win the headers.

As far as our performances go this season, he certainly hasn't been the worst player.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
He'll do for me, I'd like to see him paired with Gary Hart for a couple of games.

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
Clueless! Undoubtedly one of the best things about him is his superb control and the way he makes everything look so easy. He's not great in the air, I'll admit that, but I've been really impressed with his touch. I always think the way a player controls even a simple ball is a sign of how talented they are, which is why I stated after the Walsall match that Dickinson will prove to be a class act.

Agree 100% with that he is a very tidy player who brings others into play and runs the channels well. Yes he does go down easily but that won us a penalty and a lot of free kicks in dangerous areas yesterday (the downside being we made nothing of them). Our brightest prospect by some way and with the right service will bag a lot of vital goals for us this season

No doubt this thread is a wind up but given some of the b*llocks people have been posting on here recently would not suprise me if this was serious!

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
As has already been posted, 2 in 4 isn't a bad return.

Do that over the rest of the season and there's your 20 goals a season striker. (plus 3)

With 11 conceded in 2 games, it's not the strikers that we should be most concerned about at the moment.

Some of you on here really haven't got a f***ing clue, not a f***ing clue. He has scored two in four and without him we would have lost at Brentford and we would have had no f***ing points.

If 100% and 2 goals in 4 games isn't enough for you then go and support a glory hunting team who can afford to pay the money for players like Eto and Messi.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
I'm starting to like Dickinson a lot. Have even started to refer to him as Liam.

Maybe subconsciously cos it sounds a bit like Leon tho eh? :thumbsup:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here