Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Technology] Anyone else playing Wordle?

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Wordle 977 3/6

⬜⬜⬜⬜⬜
⬜🟨⬜🟨🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Not as impressive as @Harry Wilson's tackle ’s 3, but I’m still chuffed at getting a 3 after a blank start.

Played 759
Streak 497
Average 3.76

2024 Average 3.60
Same here. Luckiest three I’ll ever get. Was in recovery mode checking vowel use.

Wordle 977 3/6

⬛⬛⬛⬛⬛
β¬›β¬›πŸŸ¨β¬›πŸŸ©
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
Wordle 977 4/6

⬜⬜⬜⬜⬜
🟩🟨⬜⬜⬜
🟩🟩⬜🟩⬜
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

straightforward

Colonel Mustard

Jun 18, 2023
Yep, I think we've all worked out the checkers have a distinct advantage. Hopefully, Wordle will introduce repeats before too long, and as the 5 letter words diminish, to make it a level playing field, as otherwise the advantage will only grow.
Hold on. People who have played Wordle longest have a distinct advantage as they know which words have been used. Someone starting Wordle today would be at a major disadvantage. They would have to start building up a new memorybank through trial and error. In practice they would never catch up. I played Wordle when it first appeared for about a month then forgot all about it until joining NSC last summer. After finishing bottom of the previous competition I realised that was at a major disadvantage. I wrote a post about checking previous solutions on this thread but AFAIK had no responses which I interpreted as people not wanting to admit that they did exactly that. I have often checked words, though I do so now much less than previously simply because the more I've checked, the more previous answers I've got to know.

It's quite simple -- you either make it permissible to check, or forbidden to check, and ask that people are honest. My belief is that Wordle people are fundamentally pure and decent -- even more so than the already elevated NSC/Albion fan demographic -- so I would go along with any stricture not to check. But it has to be a rule one way or the other.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here