Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Technology] Anyone else playing Wordle?

Colonel Mustard

Jun 18, 2023
As a new Wordler I do sometimes look at previous word lists, but like you I'm doing it less and less now. I found early on I was constantly missing 50/50s and the word I'd picked was a used one.

I'd no idea online solvers were a thing (mind you, I had to ask on here about previous answer lists). Like you say, what would be the point? Today I was down to only one possibility on two, which I suspect will never happen again, but the ten minutes staring at it before going 'aha' were the whole point of the exercise. I find myself sometimes forgetting words now I'm older, almost like I have to delete some brain files to make room for other stuff. I've found Wordle to be really useful to my every day word recall. It 'wakes my brain up', which is why I do it in the morning.
Agree totally. I’m also addicted to Spelling Bee but that’s another story. Yes, Wordle crackers are a thing. When I did some googling to find an anagram solver a few weeks ago, I noticed several references to 'Wordle solvers' and similar. Seems totally pointless.

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
Will a four be enough?
Wordle 976 4/6
⬜🟨🟨⬜⬜
🟨🟩⬜⬜⬜
⬜🟩🟩🟩🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron