Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Technology] Anyone else playing Wordle?

SeagullsoverLondon

NSC Patron
Jun 20, 2021
Wordle 942 4/6*

⬜🟨🟨⬜⬜
🟨🟨⬜⬜⬜
⬜⬜🟩🟩🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Quite happy with that.
terrible lack of ambition. My main yardsticks are 1) no silly mistakes and 2) solving it in 6 or less.
Following on from earlier posts, I decided yesterday to download a list of past answers.
I was finding it increasingly difficult to remember what answers had or had not come up.
I checked this morning before my second go, because I was convinced what I thought would be a good answer had already come up, but it appeared it hadn't, so went for it and bam a two!

My dilemma now is that I have also realised that my starter word, which has helped bring down my average over the past year was also a previous answer. So I don't know whether to stick with it and accept I will never get a one, or ditch it for something else?

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
AlmerΓ­a
Following on from earlier posts, I decided yesterday to download a list of past answers.
I was finding it increasingly difficult to remember what answers had or had not come up.
I checked this morning before my second go, because I was convinced what I thought would be a good answer had already come up, but it appeared it hadn't, so went for it and bam a two!

My dilemma now is that I have also realised that my starter word, which has helped bring down my average over the past year was also a previous answer. So I don't know whether to stick with it and accept I will never get a one, or ditch it for something else?

My starter word was the solution over 2 years ago. I ditched it for a short while afterwards but my average dropped so I quickly went back to old faithful. I'd rather rack up the 2s and 3s than chase a highly unlikely 1.

SeagullsoverLondon

NSC Patron
Jun 20, 2021
My starter word was the solution over 2 years ago. I ditched it for a short while afterwards but my average dropped so I quickly went back to old faithful. I'd rather rack up the 2s and 3s than chase a highly unlikely 1.
Yes, that's is what I was thinking as well. In particular, the number of 3s I get has increased markedly since using it.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
That was annoying.

Wordle 943 5/6

⬜⬜⬜🟨🟨
🟨🟨⬜🟨⬜
⬜⬜🟩🟨🟩
🟩🟩🟩⬜🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩