Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Technology] Anyone else playing Wordle?

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
Wordle 940 4/6*

⬜⬜⬜⬜⬜
⬜🟨⬜🟨⬜
🟨⬜🟨⬜⬜
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

hard pressed to think of anything else for #4

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
AlmerΓ­a
Wordle 940 3/6*

⬜⬜⬜🟩⬜
⬜⬜🟨🟩🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

after guess 2 I was certain it ended "unch" but that left me bunch, lunch, munch, punch, and hunch. A dangerous superfluity of possibilities. I came up with the ingenious strategy ( :lol: ) of guessing blimp to rule out (or in) the options but was scuppered by the restrictions of hard mode. So I just went for the most common and came up trumps.

post-spoiler note: so hard mode did make it harder but did it make it better? I'm not so sure. It seems to make it more about luck than skill.

I've always used Hard Mode but considering a change.

Si Gull

Way Down South
Mar 18, 2008
On top of the world
Wordle 940 3/6*

⬜⬜⬜🟩⬜
⬜⬜🟨🟩🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

after guess 2 I was certain it ended "unch" but that left me bunch, lunch, munch, punch, and hunch. A dangerous superfluity of possibilities. I came up with the ingenious strategy ( :lol: ) of guessing blimp to rule out (or in) the options but was scuppered by the restrictions of hard mode. So I just went for the most common and came up trumps.

post-spoiler note: so hard mode did make it harder but did it make it better? I'm not so sure. It seems to make it more about luck than skill.

I stopped using 'Hard' mode a long time ago as, in multiple option circumstances, it basically reduces the game to guessing, rather than the more interesting challenge of playing letters tactically to rule out options.

Last edited:

SeagullsoverLondon

NSC Patron
Jun 20, 2021
Wordle 940 3/6*

⬜⬜⬜🟩⬜
⬜⬜🟨🟩🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Forget hard or normal mode, the use of a hidden spoiler alert is much more impressive

Colonel Mustard

Jun 18, 2023
Wordle 941 3/6

⬜⬜⬜⬜⬜
⬜🟨⬜🟩🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

BTW, my 105-day streak has been reset to 0, despite me not missing a day. I googled this and apparently it’s quite a common thing. People say it’s happened after changing time zones, or when leaving an unusually big gap between games. In my case, I did the first at 2 minutes after midnight on day 1, and mid-morning on day 2, so a gap of about 35 hours. Not sure what the algorithm is but I’m guessing that a particularly long gap tricks the software into thinking you’ve missed a day. This obviously doesn’t always happen but enough people have complained about it to suggest there’s some set of circumstances involving a gap that triggers a reset. Anyway, I’m not too bothered. I think the streak thing is pretty irrelevant. But thought it worth mentioning for those who value their lengthening streaks.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here