Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Technology] Anyone else playing Wordle?

SeagullsoverLondon

NSC Patron
Jun 20, 2021
Question for all you Wordle experts: have they ever repeated an answer across two separate puzzles? I’ve been analysing my poor performance (wooden spoon status!) in the recent competition. It struck me that if a word is NEVER repeated then I guess a long-time Wordler with a good memory (or with the foresight to keep a record), must have an advantage. Honestly guys, I’m absolutely not looking for excuses but it was just a thought that occurred!
There are lists online, but you obviously shouldn't look at them before doing Wordle, as they often contain today's answers.
My problem is that over time you end up through using the same words as choices and then start to believe they have come up as a solution before. For example, today's word I was sure had come up before, so didn't use it on go 2. However, it is much more likely I have used it on a number of occasions now, so in my mind, I associate it as an answer.

SeagullsoverLondon

NSC Patron
Jun 20, 2021

Bedsex

not my real name
Jan 29, 2009
Flitwick
Wordle 837 4/6

⬜⬜⬜⬜🟩
🟨🟨⬜⬜🟩
🟩🟩⬜🟩🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Probably not good enough for my 7th/8th place playoff.

Played 617
Streak 355
Average 3.83

2023 Average 3.68

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
Wordle 837 5/6

🟩🟨🟨⬜⬜
🟩⬜⬜🟩🟩
🟩⬜⬜🟩🟩
🟩🟩⬜🟩🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

how annoying was that. My first thought on guess 2 was the actual answer, but I veered off to something “more likely”

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here