Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Anyone else NOT doing Christmas?

Harry H

Comfortably numb.
Aug 11, 2010
I just don't like Christmas.
I have kids and have done my best over the years to big it up for them.
They are now 16,and I have had a dreadful year financially.So no i pads or Reeboks for them this year.It won't hurt them!

My Gran,who I lived with as a kid,died on Christmas Day 1982.
I can't help thinking about her on Christmas Day.

I don't begrudge others having a good time,but for me Christmas is hard work.

Quinney

Aug 3, 2009
Hastings
Won't be celebrating as working for the same rate of pay as every other day of the year, how shite is that.

That is usual for most jobs whether paid or voluntary where other people are concerned. It is quite expensive to obtain, about £70 I think.
The statutory fee for an enhanced CRB check is £44, and it's £26 for a standard check. In addition, there is any fee that is charged by the organisation that arranges the check. This can be from £7 upwards, depending on who does it. It's usually a fairly quick job - but will take longer if you have moved around several addresses.

I guess the young Miss B's might have taken a longer than usual time, given the fact that she has spent some long-ish periods out of the country in the past couple of years.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
The statutory fee for an enhanced CRB check is £44, and it's £26 for a standard check. In addition, there is any fee that is charged by the organisation that arranges the check. This can be from £7 upwards, depending on who does it. It's usually a fairly quick job - but will take longer if you have moved around several addresses.

That's gone up a lot since i got mine done in 2007 think i paid about a tenner.

Churchy

Jun 1, 2008
South Wales
Not doing to much out here in afgan, just a normal days work, but i do wish everyone a happy xmas and new year

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
I usually look forward to Xmas but this year I am filming on boxing day so cannot get to family and my Mrs is spending a quiet Christmas and New Year with her brother as his wife sadly died 2 weeks ago so it is just gonna kind of pass me by this year, will whack the radio on, cook up a chili and take a seafront stroll later. Not even gonna be drinking as gotta be up at 4.30am tomorrow for a likely 16-18 hour day. So, a good day to my fellow Non-Christmasers!

Last edited:

Tux the albion Penguin

Resident Linux User
Sep 2, 2011
STADIO DE LA AMEX
No point In me celebrating to be honest. Not got my daughter with me to enjoy It and It's got no meaning apart from capitalism. So I'm not celebrating this year because I've got nothing to celebrate. Simples.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
I'm keeping a low profile, having no kids means that Christmas isn't that important to me anyway. However I won't have to put up with silly squabbles over what to watch on TV, wait until mid-afternoon to eat lukewarm turkey and spend money on presents for people that they don't want anyway. I can eat when and what I like as well. Wonder if I'm the only person who won't be drinking alcohol over the holidays ? (I have been diagnosed with a couple of health problems which rather surprised me but my doctor is very vigilant).

Still, I hope everybody else has a nice day and I do sympathise with those out there who don't have anything to celebrate, it'll be over soon now anyway.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
No drinking, swearing or smoking for me...............

f***ing hell, I left my fags down the pub last night

Kent Seagull

Jul 5, 2003
Tenterden, Kent

luke17

Oct 9, 2003
Can't stand Xmas day myself, had a nice lie in this morning now off to the pub for a couple of hours come home have dinner couple more drinks then i'll go to bed for several hours and wake up and watch whatever rubbish is on the box.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here