Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Anyone else looking forward more to this season than last season?

catfish

North Stand Brighton Boy
Dec 17, 2010
Worthing
In a strange sort of way I am. Now we know how special the Amex is I can't wait to get back there for more. Plus the anticipation of seeing the extra seats. It promises to be a real cracker.

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
Nope, got a tear in my Achilles tendon and the prospect of the 127 steps up to WSU are making me think I may have to miss quite a few games.

Go up the stairs at the south end of the West stand - there's about 40 less!!

Trolly Dolly

Aug 22, 2011
looking forward to having a ST and not going on line regularly to purchase tickets per match; As I tell people I have a phase 2 development seat, or East Upper to make more sense...

Daffy Duck

Stop bloody moaning!
Nov 7, 2009
GOSBTS
Looking forward so much to this coming season, but for different reasons from last season.
Last year was absolutely brilliant in almost every way (just one game spoilt it being 100%). It was a very special season that we'll all remember and some of the memories will be with us forever.

But, this season is definitely one of excited anticipation as to how much we can achieve. I just can't wait.

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
I am looking forward to it of course, but not like last season...... added to which our journey is being made doubly difficult coming in from the west with no parking within 400 miles of the Amex, and an ever increasing number of non-weekend games.

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick

upthealbion1970

bring on the trumpets....
NSC Patron
Jan 22, 2009
Woodingdean
Looking forward to seeing the Amex grow, and the atmosphere and extra 5000 voices will bring

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
second season? No one got any worries about being 'found out' by the other clubs this time around??

Not necessarily that, but I fear people might be expecting too much, and with greater expectations you can get greater disappointments. I worry that some people are thinking "we did pretty well last season, we're bound to do better this one". It doesn't necessarily work like that and this division could be harder this year. Still, we don't know our squad yet, so fingers crossed.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I sincerely doubt that I will ever look forward to a season more than I did last year, even if we are in the Premier League or even the Champions League ( but I reserve the right to change my mind on that one :smile:)

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
Not necessarily that, but I fear people might be expecting too much, and with greater expectations you can get greater disappointments. I worry that some people are thinking "we did pretty well last season, we're bound to do better this one". It doesn't necessarily work like that and this division could be harder this year. Still, we don't know our squad yet, so fingers crossed.
Yeah, but those people are muppets to be fair. I mean, I expect us to finish 2nd or 3rd this season, but I won't be disappointed if we finish mid-table.

Birdie Boy

Jun 17, 2011
I am obviously looking forward to it but not quite the same as last year. However, once I get to my new ESU seat and see the South Stand corners filled in and 28000 fans, I will get very excited! Although it has been a great start to the transfers, with Bruno and Thomas, we still need a few more to get the right squad to challenge the top 6. Gus has mentioned a few more will be coming, so, once they arrive I am sure it will be another fan-bloody-tastic season! Oh, my daughter is also joining my two sons and I this season, yipee! I don'tthink it gets much better..

Bra

Feb 21, 2009
patcham
I am in the more camp on this one. Last season was special with the new home and competitive championship football something not seen for many a year but I believe we will go to another level this season and will be pushing for the top six. The signings to date indicate that and the excitiment of waiting for the next additon is something I have not experiemced since the old goldstone days. As Gus states each season is about progress and that possibility adds to the anticipation in my opinion.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here