Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Anyone else looking forward more to this season than last season?

For some reason i'm looking forward to this season more than the last one,could be the extra seats or the re-locating to the upper east or did last season just seem unreal? It felt like an away game every week,i think having the west stand opposite will be awesome this year whilst having an elevated view from the east!
Its not about the results as i feel it will be a hard slog to get top 6 but its got the feeling of a proper ground with the extra seats. It was a great season last year but at times it was sensation overload.Lets hope the upper east can do its bit on the vocal side,roll on the 25th! plus i won't have that cursed wsu seat,only 2 wins from my seat.

Nope, got a tear in my Achilles tendon and the prospect of the 127 steps up to WSU are making me think I may have to miss quite a few games.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Nope, cos I won't be going to as many matches, sadly. And Vicente hasn't signed which makes me sad. :down:

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
Hell yes , it's like we're starting all over again with the new seats etc.. cannot WAIT.

rocker959

Jan 22, 2011
Plovdiv Bulgaria
Last season will always be very special and the build up. This season could rival 1979 if all goes to plan , fingers crossed.

ditchy

a man with a sound track record as a source of qua
Jul 8, 2003
brighton
Nope, got a tear in my Achilles tendon and the prospect of the 127 steps up to WSU are making me think I may have to miss quite a few games.
can you not ask to swap seats on a temp basis ?

Albumen

Don't wait for me!
Jan 19, 2010
Brighton - In your face
I think this one will be more nerve wracking. Last season we just wanted to avoid relegation and cement a Championship place, and boy we had fun on the way. This year the club are pushing for the play-offs, more room for failure!

Kumquat

Mar 2, 2009
I am personally. Simply based on how great it was last season. But I think expectations will need to be managed to keep the atmosphere the same to the end. This is a tougher division than last year and I think we should be aiming as a priority to keep our position. I get the impression many expect us to make the play-offs this season and it's going to be very difficult.

Herne Hill Seagull

Jul 10, 2003
Galicia
No way. It's not that I'm not looking forward to this season, I am, hugely. But nothing can compare to the sense of anticipation that was knowing the first game at the new stadium was coming. That was another level of impatience altogether.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
No. Last season was too special, finally getting to our new home. I don't think we'll make the signings required to compete at the top this year, so while I'm looking forward to the season, I'm quite calm about it.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
This is the season that we take all 6 points from the SCUM.

Drumstick

NORTHSTANDER
Jul 19, 2003
Peacehaven
For some reason i'm looking forward to this season more than the last one,could be the extra seats or the re-locating to the upper east or did last season just seem unreal? It felt like an away game every week,i think having the west stand opposite will be awesome this year whilst having an elevated view from the east!
Its not about the results as i feel it will be a hard slog to get top 6 but its got the feeling of a proper ground with the extra seats. It was a great season last year but at times it was sensation overload.Lets hope the upper east can do its bit on the vocal side,roll on the 25th! plus i won't have that cursed wsu seat,only 2 wins from my seat.

Agree wholeheartedly, Was thinking this just the otherday as I went through all the match highlights of last season on Seagulls player, we had some great moments and we will have more to come I am sure.

Brighton are back, Hello Hello.

IfieldBlue

Apr 17, 2012
second season? No one got any worries about being 'found out' by the other clubs this time around??

Diego Napier

Mar 27, 2010

What's wrong with a piggy back?

Diego Napier

Mar 27, 2010
second season? No one got any worries about being 'found out' by the other clubs this time around??

No - we played each team twice last season

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here