Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Anyone else got a high phone bill from ticket queueing???

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
0845 is not a way of making money. The club don't get a premium from that. It's a local rate call from anywhere in the UK - an 0845 (from a landline) is a good thing for the club to do. Grow up.

And as for calling from a mobile - well what did you expect. Ridiculous complaint.

Quite frankly even if it was a way of making money you can't blame the club, we've just spent £100m building a brand spanking new ground, it's got to be paid for somehow!

Likewise the people moaning about the £2 booking fee, do you expect the ticket office staff to work for free? Do you expect the developers of the ticket website to have done it for nothing? Everything has a cost associated to it. If the club are making money out of it then GOOD, it's all money going back into the club!

thedonkeycentrehalf

Moved back to wear the gloves (again)
Jul 7, 2003
Many organisations are moving from 0845 to 0345 numbers as the 03xx numbers are included in most call packages (including mobiles) whereas the 08xx numbers aren't. The 03xx numbers cost the organisation a little more each year than an 08xx number but this is usually seen as a good PR move. Given that the club make a charge on the bookings I'm sure that they could easily absorb the additional cost of an 03xx number.

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
Not gonna have a major whinge, but...

When the clubs online systems are less than perfect (agreed?) it is a bit of a pain to get a bill of around 25 quid just for clarifying a couple of issues.

Done and dusted now but the club need to avoid this happening on a regular basis as people will get pissed off in time.

Sent from my inbred hatred of all things South London .....HD

Screaming J

He'll put a spell on you
Jul 13, 2004
Exiled from the South Country
For reasons to boring to post on here I had to use the phone to sort out Donny tickets. It cost me £22. And after that day out let me tell you I have NO regrets!

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Are the club deliberately not putting extra resources into manning the phones pre-busy events, to force the use of internet or to visit the shops?

In the build up to SSCF & Spurs, the lines had "you are 38th to be answered" typically, and it took well over an hour.

Unless you unluckily live a long way away, best to visit the Amex shop, if online cannot be solved.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
For reasons to boring to post on here I had to use the phone to sort out Donny tickets. It cost me £22. And after that day out let me tell you I have NO regrets!

Was one of the greatest ever. Through the giant open gates NE corner (we sit WSU), I saw a steady stream of Albion fans who gave up a 1-0 down, and were beating the masses to the trains. They missed the Buckley show.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
I was a bit peeved today hanging for more than 50 minutes to get my Liverpool tickets but it sounds like I had it easy. I couldn't book online as my surname wasn't recognised (the club had no explanation for that) so I had to go through the queuing system. I do agree that with everything else about the club running so smoothly, the ticketing operation needs some improvement (and that's no criticism of the staff who are always helpful and efficient, particularly that Scottish geezer).

Aug 4, 2011
I have had the same issue' .. Thing that annoys me is your in a que for ages... & i have purchased tickets at AMEX its clear there' is only 1 person maining the phones.. Whom does it rather slowly... :/

0845 is not a way of making money. The club don't get a premium from that. It's a local rate call from anywhere in the UK - an 0845 (from a landline) is a good thing for the club to do. Grow up.

And as for calling from a mobile - well what did you expect. Ridiculous complaint.

Not True.

I had an 0845 (now have an 0844) and I get less than 60 mins of calls a day and I make 0.5p per minute. I would suggest the clubs rate is much higher

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Likewise the people moaning about the £2 booking fee, do you expect the ticket office staff to work for free? Do you expect the developers of the ticket website to have done it for nothing? Everything has a cost associated to it. If the club are making money out of it then GOOD, it's all money going back into the club!
No of course no one expects the ticket office staff to work for nothing, but in that case why isn't there a booking fee when you buy in person? Also there's all the electricity being used to run the shop, that's not free. And whilst I don't expect the software was free I think the whole concept of a 5% or whatever 'Royalty' payment per transaction is absolutely outrageous. Maybe I'm just jealous as in all the commercial systems I've developed I've never added a feature that stuck 5% on every invoice generated as my 'royalty' for people using my system.

The problem, is that it's become the norm for a booking fee to be charged for remote transactions as a way of increasing revenue, and with 'useful idiots' like you defending the practice I guess it isn't going to change any time soon. The club (and other organisations) could learn a lot from Southern Railway with their 'No fee' online approach.

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
No of course no one expects the ticket office staff to work for nothing, but in that case why isn't there a booking fee when you buy in person? Also there's all the electricity being used to run the shop, that's not free.

Having never bought anything over the counter I've no idea whether the club charge a booking fee or not. I'll take your word for it and I'll agree it does seem a little unfair.

And whilst I don't expect the software was free I think the whole concept of a 5% or whatever 'Royalty' payment per transaction is absolutely outrageous. Maybe I'm just jealous as in all the commercial systems I've developed I've never added a feature that stuck 5% on every invoice generated as my 'royalty' for people using my system.

But the commercial systems you've developed would have been paid for up front, like I'm sure the ticketing software has. The club has to balance it's books some how.

The problem, is that it's become the norm for a booking fee to be charged for remote transactions as a way of increasing revenue, and with 'useful idiots' like you defending the practice I guess it isn't going to change any time soon. The club (and other organisations) could learn a lot from Southern Railway with their 'No fee' online approach.

Useful idiot....I like it, probably the nicest thing I've been called on here!

Whether you like it or not the club are a commercial organisation. The way I look at it is the more money the club make the more money Tony is going to invest. We've spent £100m on a ground and £5m on players in the last couple of years that's unreal given what we are used to! Bloom has lent us the money, not given, lent and he's got to be paid back. Charging £2 is hardly the end of the world individually and it's probably a nice little earner for the club. Getting rid of it just to appease a couple of moaning minies when ever other organisation out there (southern trains aside) is doing the same would be commercially shooting itself in the foot.

If you really don't like it then quite simply vote with your feet and not pay it. I'm sure there will be plenty of other people who won't object to paying the equivalent of half a pint to take your place.

Just be glad we didn't outsource it to Ticketmaster as they charge you £2.50 to print your own tickets on top of their booking fee!!

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Charging £2 is hardly the end of the world individually and it's probably a nice little earner for the club. Getting rid of it just to appease a couple of moaning minies when ever other organisation out there (southern trains aside) is doing the same would be commercially shooting itself in the foot.

If you really don't like it then quite simply vote with your feet and not pay it. I'm sure there will be plenty of other people who won't object to paying the equivalent of half a pint to take your place.

Just be glad we didn't outsource it to Ticketmaster as they charge you £2.50 to print your own tickets on top of their booking fee!!

Apparantly Liverpool are charging £2-50 PER TICKET booking fee which actually makes £2 Per Transaction a bargin

Edit: Its also 90p for credit cards for non-online.

Supporters can purchase one ticket per qualifying Fan Card and a maximum of FOUR per transaction. Please note there will be a 90 pence per ticket booking fee for credit card transactions on the telephone and at the Ticket Office window, and a £2.50 per ticket booking fee for online transactions.

Last edited:

Storer 68

Apr 19, 2011
They are not called PREMIUM RATE numbers for nothing. Use a landline and not a mobile.

Emily's Mum

Jul 7, 2003
In the jungle, aka BFPO 11
And disabled season ticket holders have to use the phone to order tickets as the online system is not sophisticated enough to deal with our ticket requirements. Several times last season the cost of ordering the tickets was more than the cost of the ticket.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here