Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Anyone else going to watch the England game ONLY if Moder is playing

MJsGhost

Oooh Matron, I'm an
NSC Patron
Jun 26, 2009
East
I find it very difficult to get behind an England team with Kane as captain. #TeamModer (if I tune in for the 2nd half)

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Useless is not even qualifying for the World Cup or Euros.
Sorry, but I did watch us in 66 and get fed up with English so called fans running us down. :annoyed:
I'm measuring the team by success. The odd quarter or semi final is not, in my book, success.

And I agree with the earlier post that stated that since promotion it's getting harder to support England. I can't stand Southgate as he's got an agenda against us, I detest players like grealish and walker, and my love of Brighton and the petty rivalries trumps everything.

There is no law or rule that we have to love the English football team. I am patriotic and love my country but I couldn't give two figs about the team.

Sent from my GM1913 using Tapatalk

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
I’m supporting England because I’m English.
I’m not wanting Poland to win because a Brighton player is in their team, unlike some Albion fans commenting on Twitter. :shrug:

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I'm measuring the team by success. The odd quarter or semi final is not, in my book, success.

And I agree with the earlier post that stated that since promotion it's getting harder to support England. I can't stand Southgate as he's got an agenda against us, I detest players like grealish and walker, and my love of Brighton and the petty rivalries trumps everything.

There is no law or rule that we have to love the English football team. I am patriotic and love my country but I couldn't give two figs about the team.

Sent from my GM1913 using Tapatalk

I don’t like Southgate but England are my team for better or worse. There is no picking or choosing.
There have been Brighton managers I don’t like.

portlock seagull

Jul 28, 2003
Now this point is true.

Now we are in the top division, we are inevitably bought into conflict in the PL games.

I would say though.

1) That fans of regular top flight teams, such as Everton. for example would have had to have swallowed their pride and followed England teams with loads of Liverpool players in for generations. They find a way to do this.
2) Even when we were down the leagues, there were PL teams who were obviously dislikeable, even though we weren't playing them. Many will have detested Man U or Chelsea or Arsenal even though we never played them.
3) England have always had players who have acted like knobs and weren't that likeable. I think this current team has plenty of players who are widely respected. Sterling, Rashford, Henderson, TAA, Coady

Nah, don’t think this is true. Reason I don’t watch qualifiers or friendlies is because a) just far too much football b) unlike the old days, the big nations like us are almost guaranteed to make tournaments it’s so rigged and expanded (for financial reasons obviously) so what’s the point in watching the rehearsals; just tune into finals, which are themselves now contain almost a repeat of the qualifiers. It’s entertainment though. It’s long stopped being sport. Money talks and it’s constructed to maximise revenue so why not let every principality and tax haven compete as a ‘nation’? Gives Scotland a chance of winning a game too!

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
My loss? What the first decent team faced and Southgate made a mess of it.

What else did anyone expect though? His managerial experience at senior level consisted of getting Middlesbrough relegated. But the FA blazers are more interested in having a manager who's good in press conferences and polite to them than one who's any good.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
England’s attacking options are scarily good. No space for Rashford, Grealish, Sancho and many others.

portlock seagull

Jul 28, 2003
I’m not wanting Poland to win because a Brighton player is in their team, unlike some Albion fans commenting on Twitter. :shrug:

Is the right answer and in my new government this sort of s hit is why I’ll ramp up the treason laws!

KeegansHairPiece

Jan 28, 2016

Is the right answer and in my new government this sort of s hit is why I’ll ramp up the treason laws!

It's entirely possible that some Albion fans are of a nationality other than English. :thumbsup:

portlock seagull

Jul 28, 2003
England’s attacking options are scarily good. No space for Rashford, Grealish, Sancho and many others.

Except None of whom would start in any of the teams expected to win the World Cup. They’re good. They are nowhere near proven world class. We make this mistake all the time. Thinking better than are. Until they can beat likes of France, Germany, Brazil etc in tournament football, they’re just good. Oh, and btw, we’re only leading 1 nil. Against Poland. In a qualifier.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here