Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Anyone else feeling a bit sad...

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
I always feel a little guilty when I start a new version of Football Manager and I start selling my favourite players, but ultimately it is what is needed. Knockaert & now Murray are the sales that have puzzled me as it doesn't seem as though an obvious replacement is here but most have left when contracts have run out and not been renewed so they have gone with the best of wishes

Mancgull

Nov 28, 2011
Astley, Manchester
Not sad at all. Great players for us, but players get older and more on. They aren't fans. Plus if you stand still, you are in trouble.
Potter is getting the type of players in that will shape the way he wants us to play. More pace, for one thing, and Mooy, Murray, Montoya and Duffy were all slow by Premier League standards.

crookie

Jun 14, 2013
Back in Sussex
A little sad, but it was on the cards. Chances of feeling similar with a great bunch of younger players establishing themselves for hopefully years to come. Connolly, White, Bissouma, Lamptey, Alzate, Webster, McAllister, Maupay, alongside Dunk, March, Ryan etc

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
You don't get anywhere by standing still.

14013.jpg

We didn't get where we are today by staying where we were yesterday.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
What a legend Murray is. I hope one day he gets a proper send off. Will miss him in an Albion shirt.

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
Yeah, Yves and Maupay definitely have potential! Post-lockdown Maupay grew on me massively as an individual - I loved the way he handled himself after the Gendouzi incident against Arsenal. :rock:

Maupay again from me.

Followed his progress at Brentford and was so excited a little bit of wee came out when we poached him.

His pen for them in front of the baying mob of Leeds and his celebration in front of them as bottles, small children and Whippets rained down from the stand was lovely.

He’s transitioned well into the Albion team and is growing under GP. Biss too. Lovely lad. Wobbled a bit at the start but is first name on the teamsheet now.

THIS is the best Albion team I’ve ever seen in nearly 50 years.

Klaas

I've changed this
Nov 1, 2017
Maupay again from me.

Followed his progress at Brentford and was so excited a little bit of wee came out when we poached him.

His pen for them in front of the baying mob of Leeds and his celebration in front of them as bottles, small children and Whippets rained down from the stand was lovely.

He’s transitioned well into the Albion team and is growing under GP. Biss too. Lovely lad. Wobbled a bit at the start but is first name on the teamsheet now.

THIS is the best Albion team I’ve ever seen in nearly 50 years.

Yeah, love his attitude. Tres amusant.

Lenny Rider

Sep 15, 2010
I’m sad that but for Poyet’s ego, Glenn would have almost certainly surpassed Tommy Cook’s scoring record, we possibly would have got to the Premier League earlier, Glenn might have got an England cap or two and he would have qualified for a testimonial.

All allegedly over £12,000 a week and that fact that Poyet thought CMS was a better option (and paid him £15,000 a week)

dangull

Feb 24, 2013
Its only a few years ago people were begging Stephens to stay during the promotion season celebrations, now a lot of the same people are wanting him out the door. That's the nature of football, and you can understand why players are quite often not as loyal as the fans.

Bish Bosh

Aug 10, 2005
Wish it was in the EU
Brian Planet, who is he?
Brian Powney, I guess.:lolol:

P.S.Wally Gould was my favourite player back then.

Talking of Brian Planet, I was sad when the 'score the winner in the 89th minute' team of 1972
broke up.

Planet, Murray (Bert), Spearritt, Templeman, Goodwin, Gall, Kit Napier, Beamish, Irvine, Bromley and Sully...whwere are they now?

Silverhatch

Feb 23, 2009
Preston Park
I’m sad that but for Poyet’s ego, Glenn would have almost certainly surpassed Tommy Cook’s scoring record, we possibly would have got to the Premier League earlier, Glenn might have got an England cap or two and he would have qualified for a testimonial.

All allegedly over £12,000 a week and that fact that Poyet thought CMS was a better option (and paid him £15,000 a week��)

This all day long. Gus knows (or will one day admit to himself) he made a mistake and Tony Bloom probably learnt a lot too about running a football club at that sliding doors moment. Absolute folly to break up Barnes and Murray at that point.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here