Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Anyone else feeling a bit sad...

Silverhatch

Feb 23, 2009
Preston Park
And if there is a sniff (anywhere in the world) of finding another semi-affordable centre forward with Murray's 26 year old attributes, then get him.

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
Bit gutted I won’t get to hear the lonesome figure in the WSU boo Murray’s name again. Gotta admire his stubbornness.

I suppose there must be people who are sad when their least-favourite player leaves because they have to find some other target for their wrath. Or maybe dislike of one player defines who they are. After the Goldstone was demolished I used to imagine that a bloke who used to stand near me on the south-west terrace would go to Comet at the retail park at 3 o'clock every other Saturday and mutter 'You're a disgrace, Wilkins' every five minutes until 4.45.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
I don't see it as a cause for sadness. It's just evolution in action. Players move on, managers move on, chairmen move on. The only constant is us, the fans :albion:

raymondo

Apr 26, 2017
Wiltshire
Brian Planet, who is he?
Brian Powney, I guess.:lolol:

P.S.Wally Gould was my favourite player back then.

Oops! Predictive text gone galactic 😅... indeed, Mr Powney, he was good, and I too really enjoyed watching Wally Gould. They were good players of their time, even if they did smoke!

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
Talking of Brian Planet, I was sad when the 'score the winner in the 89th minute' team of 1972
broke up.

Planet, Murray (Bert), Spearritt, Templeman, Goodwin, Gall, Kit Napier, Beamish, Irvine, Bromley and Sully...whwere are they now?

Talking of Brian Planet, I wonder if Ulloa's penalty miss has come back down to Earth yet.

fleet

Jul 28, 2003
I just can’t believe Glenn is going with no new striker in place. He can still find the net at this level, even if playing for 20 mins or so.

ferring seagull

Dec 30, 2010
Important to remember for those guys, who served us well, is that when one door (BHA) closes that there is another one opening and another opportunity .:smile:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here