Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Anyone else considering cancelling their ST's?

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
In about 22 years of watching live football, the only time I have ever had to present ID for a football match is either a major tournament (Euros or World Cup) or following England abroad (mandatory ticket collection in the city the match is - ID required.) Even when they threatened it for the Palace games a few years back never saw anyone checked. I think it is there in case the club suspect some foul play or touting or similar but when the stewards at my gate barely even search anyone I can't see how they would be ID checking fans.

I've been to every home game this season apart from Man City when i had Covid and most of the away games. I've never had to show my ID. (Driving Licence in my wallet that i take everywhere with me) apart from Palace (A).
Until this month when it stopped i've been asked to share my Covid pass in about half the home games but for none of the away games.
The worst experience i've had is when i had to pick up two paper tickets for Spurs in the cup . I was sent to one ticket office, then to another one, then they couldn't find it and had to print a new one from the other ticket office, go and collect it and my son eventually missed kick off by a few minutes.

Last edited:

Stoichkov

The Miserable Bulgarian
Jul 26, 2004
Brighton
Good thread this - a lot of it resonates with me

I renewed but it was pretty close. For me it is that accumulation of irritating things which means that I'm just not enjoying going nearly as much as a few years ago. Apart from VAR which I find hugely diminishes the game - especially 'live' - most of the things are pretty petty in isolation but add them all together they seem too much to be associated with a relitively significant spend in terms of time & money.

I had 3 (three) goes at getting into the Ground against Villa - my ticket had gone somehere odd in my Apple Wallet and I couldn't retrieve it. Nor could the ticket office who sent me back to the turnstile only to not be able to get in again. Pathetic I know but, christ, who needs that nonsense trying to get into a football stadium?

I've been to Lewes & Whitehawk a few times this season and I've just enjoyed it more - the whole experience - and that's what its ultimately about innit?

Still, I'm comfortable with the fact that whilst I may be approaching the end of my 'journey' as a Season Ticket holder, I'm sure the club won't have any trouble selling my seat and probably to someone who spends more at the ground on a match-by-match basis than me and who also won't be bothered by the things that get right on my tits.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
The reason mid table teams are mid table is because they are inconsistent. Which team do you think we should aspire to be like?

I don’t know the answer to your question TBH, but that wasn’t the point I was making.
We have lost four in a row and scored one goal in those games, I’m not saying we will beat Liverpool, but I bet we turn up and have a real go at them, unlike when we played Burnley.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
Here he is like a moth to a flame :lolol:

Like Leeds, Burnley, Villa and Everton.

Yep. We've been pretty inconsistent and its hard to discern much of a pattern. We've turned up against Watford , Brentford but not Burnley.
Frustrating isn't it.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
<misread quote> Delete

S'hampton Seagull

Oct 12, 2003
Southampton
Two years ago - you literally just needed to leave home with your physical ST card on you.

This season:
1. Ensure you have phone on you, with plenty of power.
2. Take ID.
3. Ensure the latest digital match ticket is showing within the phone’s wallet.
4. NHS Covid Pass, recently updated.

First world issues, but just to see some players kick a ball around, life got more bureaucratic.
Covid pass is no longer required and hasn't been since the Burnley game.

Sent from my SM-G781B using Tapatalk

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Yep. We've been pretty inconsistent and its hard to discern much of a pattern. We've turned up against Watford , Brentford but not Burnley.
Frustrating isn't it.

It is. Form and results - good or bad - are always (for teams like us anyway) temporary things anyway though and in isolation I wouldn’t think a primary reason for any fan to bin their ticket. However, when a long run of poor (home in particular) form sits on top of a multitude of other irritations that could have easily been better handled by the club and genuine (and for many worsening) financial circumstances, health concerns, VAR, recognition that anything higher than mid table for us would be an absolute triumph and a period away from watching where people have found other things to do with their time it’s hardly surprising so many are dropping out. Would be interested in how those not renewing would weight their contributory factors in relative terms.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Two years ago - you literally just needed to leave home with your physical ST card on you.

This season:
1. Ensure you have phone on you, with plenty of power.
2. Take ID.
3. Ensure the latest digital match ticket is showing within the phone’s wallet.
4. NHS Covid Pass, recently updated.

First world issues, but just to see some players kick a ball around, life got more bureaucratic.

You only really need item 1, as items 2-4 are all able to be stored on your phone. And I've only ever been required to show item 3 this season anyway.

Last edited:

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
It is. Form and results - good or bad - are always (for teams like us anyway) temporary things anyway though and in isolation I wouldn’t think a primary reason for any fan to bin their ticket. However, when a long run of poor (home in particular) form sits on top of a multitude of other irritations that could have easily been better handled by the club and genuine (and for many worsening) financial circumstances, health concerns, VAR, recognition that anything higher than mid table for us would be an absolute triumph and a period away from watching where people have found other things to do with their time it’s hardly surprising so many are dropping out. Would be interested in how those not renewing would weight their contributory factors in relative terms.

Okay, here goes:
1, I miss too many games because life gets in the way.
2. My favourite football experiences this year have all been at Lewes.
3. I hate being associated with Saudi/Newcastle, City/Qatar, Chelsea/Abramovich etc, and everything the EPL has become.
4. Seeing mates at the game isn’t as easy as it was, at the ground.
5. Silly rules.
6. Every game is streamable.
7. I like the idea of a little more disposable income.

I am sure there’s more, but that is my instant response.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
Leicester got done by Var and we didn’t beat Palace :shrug:

I was there so I remember. The point by the OP was merely that we hadn’t “turned up” in those games . I guess for Palace (h) throughout and most of Leicester (H) and (A) we did but not so much Palace (A) apart from the last 5 seconds of course.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
I was there so I remember. The point by the OP was merely that we hadn’t “turned up” in those games . I guess for Palace (h) throughout and most of Leicester (H) and (A) we did but not so much Palace (A) apart from the last 5 seconds of course.

I will add that last season we didn’t manage to win against any of the 3 relegated sides, or Burnley, but we did beat Man City and Liverpool.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
Still say the team and manager find it difficult to perform under pressure the pressure being home fans or more expectation to win. Can’t see any other reason why the majority of games against teams around us are generally dismal at home.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
I think you're too late - the deadline was 5pm today.

D’oh.

So what would happen if I decided in say 2-3 months that I did want to give it up for the season? What’s the protocol?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here