Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Anyone else considering cancelling their ST's?

grubbyhands

Dec 8, 2011
Godalming
Personally feeling the squeeze that's coming with the cost of living, petrol prices, energy prices, food and drink prices, new tax to pay, etc ..

I am no longer in a position where I can afford my season ticket next season.

Anyone else?

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk

No, not me.

Mental Lental

Jul 5, 2003
Shiki-shi, Saitama
Sad thread continues to be sad.

I dunno, I found the story about the kid cancelling his season ticket cos he'd rather finger his girlfriend in the park quite funny. :lolol:

Change at Barnham

Aug 6, 2011
Bognor Regis
I've cancelled because I can't fob my tickets off at the least minute to mates without them being signed up as Albion+ members.
I have no issue with the £20 fee for myself.

Next season I'll just cherry pick the games that have public transport working normally or car parking available.
Watching non-league football is certainly growing.

durrington gull

Aug 29, 2004
Worthing
I've cancelled because I can't fob my tickets off at the least minute to mates without them being signed up as Albion+ members.
I have no issue with the £20 fee for myself.

Next season I'll just cherry pick the games that have public transport working normally or car parking available.
Watching non-league football is certainly growing.

Yeah fair points especially not being able to sell on your tkts to mates who arent Albion+ members

Deleted member 37369

Aug 21, 2018
I sit next to a lovely couple that travel a long way to home games - so far that they make a weekend of it and stay with a relative in W Sussex.

They told me at the Villa game that they were unsure about renewing due to the travel and missing enough games that makes being a STH uneconomical ... and being unsuccessful on the ticket exchange.

I said if they did renew and couldn't make a game, they could transfer the tickets to one or both of my lads who are both Albion+ members (I pay for them :rolleyes:) ... and I would pay them full ticket price.

So we'll see what happens ... but I hope they do renew as I could end up with a couple of idiots next to me instead :D

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Nothing of note has changed with the trains as far as I can tell. It’s an okay service which is still, after 20-30 years, completely taken out of service from Three Bridges to Brighton for multiple weekends a year.

Trains to Brighton and Lewes are still more than fine. We loitered a bit getting out of the ground on Saturday and ended up at the back of a very big queue, but 3 trains came along quickly and we were still away within about 30-40 mins. Significantly, there were no queues behind us so we could've just stayed for just one post-match beer and walked straight onto a train (in either direction) which I have done a few times in the past.

I'm just about to renew my ST. Strangely enjoyable as 4th tier football was at times in the 90s, I've enjoyed watching Championship and Premier League level football far more over the past 11 seasons and want to make the most of it.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
I had to cancel because I became disabled and I could not hack the trains. Friends were the same. Not an excuse, just could not physically hack it any more.

Winker

CUM ON FEEL THE NOIZE
Jul 14, 2008
The Astral Planes, man...
I'm renewing out of habit more than anything, the poor home form, lack of goals, increasingly annoying kick-off times and generally flat atmosphere are starting to make the experience more of an endurance than a exciting leisure option.

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
I had to cancel because I became disabled and I could not hack the trains. Friends were the same. Not an excuse, just could not physically hack it any more.

Have you spoken to the club to see if they can help? Eg parking. A shame to lose fans like you

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
I've had to bid farewell to my seat in the north stand. I can't afford to fork out on so many matches not able to attend, and it doesn't seem right to hoard that empty space. Greatly saddening, but responsibilities lie elsewhere for now.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I'm renewing out of habit more than anything, the poor home form, lack of goals, increasingly annoying kick-off times and generally flat atmosphere are starting to make the experience more of an endurance than a exciting leisure option.

Exactamondo.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker

Yeah. But apart from the poor home form, lack of goals, increasingly annoying kick-off times and generally flat atmosphere, everything else is ok?

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Have you spoken to the club to see if they can help? Eg parking. A shame to lose fans like you

I was going to try Seagulls Travel but the date to cancel rushed my decision. I first went in 63. Stuart who at one time I sat next to, and I parked my bike by his flat to catch the train, dying of Covid did not help. But it was the trains that did for me as I am a quarter blind and I was an accident waiting to happen, even if mostly problems on the connecting trains and not the shuttle.

I expect it will not be my last visit.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
I was going to try Seagulls Travel but the date to cancel rushed my decision. I first went in 63. Stuart who at one time I sat next to, and I parked my bike by his flat to catch the train, dying of Covid did not help. But it was the trains that did for me as I am a quarter blind and I was an accident waiting to happen, even if mostly problems on the connecting trains and not the shuttle.

I expect it will not be my last visit.

Stories like this are extremely sad. I sincerely hope you are able to visit as frequently as you wish.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here