Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Anyone Else Bored by The Andrey Ars Shaving Saga

Taxman

I've got beautiful eyes
Oct 16, 2006
I think we're alone now
Had all window to do the deal, it is STILL going AFTER the 5pm deadline

The player wanted to go so much, he paid for his own private jet flight and hotel to make sure the deal was done

The medical, terms and fee have been sorted but its still going

Is he actually any good though?

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
zenit want half of the signing on fee as well as the transfer fee or something - you just know that, after all this, if it does go through he is going to be a complete failure

Lindfield by the Pond

Jan 10, 2009
Lindfield (near the pond)
Yes - very bored.

I think it gets the attention because it might be a big money signing by ARSEn, which is as rare as rocking horse......

Del Boy

Oct 1, 2004
Can't see how he would fit into the arsenal side, they need a proper defensive midfielder - shame for them they sold diarra for 5 mils whom then goes to real madrid a few months later for 4x's that!!

Basil Fawlty

Don't Mention The War
zenit want half of the signing on fee as well as the transfer fee or something - you just know that, after all this, if it does go through he is going to be a complete failure

Zenit did this kind of thing in another transfer involving them selling a midfielder to CSKA Moscow last season.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
"Both clubs definitely want to complete the transfer, therefore the negotiations are still going," - zenit gneral director(or something)

and now a news agency(not reuters) has announced it has gone through. OH I HOPE THIS IS TRUE. I think zenit have been forced by the hand of time to accept a lower fee....or have a player who does not want to play for them for another 6 months or so

bigc

Jul 5, 2003
One rule for the big clubs, another for us.

We have to wait under next week for Robinson's move and these fat cats get to put theirs through hours late..

Hope Villa keep them out the top 4.

Superseagull

Jul 8, 2003
"Both clubs definitely want to complete the transfer, therefore the negotiations are still going," - zenit gneral director(or something)

and now a news agency(not reuters) has announced it has gone through. OH I HOPE THIS IS TRUE. I think zenit have been forced by the hand of time to accept a lower fee....or have a player who does not want to play for them for another 6 months or so

I think this goes to show that in Russia certian gears need oiling in order to make the machine work. It takes a lot of $$$'s to get the right people to do the right things over there. Our company has all but given up trying to do business in Russia due to the level of corruption at every level of society.

bigc

Jul 5, 2003
I think this goes to show that in Russia certian gears need oiling in order to make the machine work. It takes a lot of $$$'s to get the right people to do the right things over there. Our company has all but given up trying to do business in Russia due to the level of corruption at every level of society.

And usually the $$$ still leads to the right people doing the wrong thing!

Basil Fawlty

Don't Mention The War
Just seen something totally TRAGIC on sky sports news.

The reporter chap announced he's signed and then the camera turned to a group of Arsenal fans who then pretended to burst into spontaneous cheering, clapping, and backslapping. Who reacts to a transfer like that? Plastic pricks.

SSN were reporting on Arshavin deal earlier, and three kids were mucking about in the snow behind the reporter. One was wearing a Man United shirt infront of the Emirates, they went back to the studio and whoever said it must of drunk some vodka or something, because he said those three Arsenal fans look extremely happy with the possibility of signing Arshavin.

:lolol: :lolol:

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
If he was that good he wouldn't be playing for Zenit St Petersburg, and he certainly wouldn't be joining Arsenal.

One True BHA

Sep 2, 2008
One rule for the big clubs, another for us.

We have to wait under next week for Robinson's move and these fat cats get to put theirs through hours late..

Hope Villa keep them out the top 4.

They did actually say on SSN that all the right papers were in the right place by 5pm.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
The whole Arshavin Saga was embarrassing.

to be fair it was the media who made it appear embarrassing.

al we know for SURE is.

arshavin wanted to leave
zenit wanted to sell
arsenal wanted to buy
zenit wanted as much dosh as possible
arsenal wanted the best deal

now thats not embarrassing, thats people looking out for themselves which is completely fair.

its the media who say its off one minute, hes at an airport. and then say its on the next and hes having a medical.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here