Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Anyone Else Bored by The Andrey Ars Shaving Saga

Smythe

Oct 8, 2008
Brightonian in Manchester
Just seen something totally TRAGIC on sky sports news.

The reporter chap announced he's signed and then the camera turned to a group of Arsenal fans who then pretended to burst into spontaneous cheering, clapping, and backslapping. Who reacts to a transfer like that? Plastic pricks.

were you not at Withdean today to celebrate the arrival of Mcnulty?
and im sure there was thousands at Dagenham tonight to celebrate the arrival of super Doug Loft!

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
I was getting PROPER bored of the same 10 second stock footage of him on his mobile outside the main entrance.

And that GOON of a 'in the know' presenter on Sky Sports News this afternoon.

I don't know if anyone heard 5 live last night, but they were at a loss to explain it. Either he has signed by 5pm last night, or he hasn't. It sounds like Zenit have been haggling over a fee; in that case Arsenal DIDN'T have permission to sign him by 5pm yesterday, and it shouldn't have been allowed. However, as is seemingly always the case, exceptions are made for big teams.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
yet another case of the rules not applying to the elite few.

Frankly it's a travesty and the lies they will have to tell to excuse it ("he signed seconds before the deadline" or "it was delayed because of the weather") make it even more so.

If I was at Villa I would be very angry indeed

:censored:

One True BHA

Sep 2, 2008
yet another case of the rules not applying to the elite few.

Frankly it's a travesty and the lies they will have to tell to excuse it ("he signed seconds before the deadline" or "it was delayed because of the weather") make it even more so.

If I was at Villa I would be very angry indeed

:censored:

They said all the papers were processed by 4.30 yesterday and the premier league hadn't been able to 'ratify' it (along with many others, not just the highly publicised one).

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
There were apparently disagreemernts over who (if anyone) should pay Arshavin the £2.3m "loyalty bonus" he had to forfeit on leaving Zenit. No doubt he probably wanted a juicy signing on fee, or a similar loyalty bonus written into his Arsenal contract if he's still there next Christmas or something.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
They said all the papers were processed by 4.30 yesterday and the premier league hadn't been able to 'ratify' it (along with many others, not just the highly publicised one).

According to TV he signed not an hour late as he was held up in London by the snow but on f.....g Tuesday.

We got 2 players down from Lancashire on Sunday so that they had a medical Sunday afternoon to enable them to sign on Monday. Arseshaving hired a private jet to get to London and still they couldnt sign him in time but as usual because both Arsenal and Chelsea wanted to sign a player after the time an excuse was made by the Premier League to allow them to sign. Would it have been allowed if it had been WBA or Stoke, I doubt it very much.

Change the name to the Arsenal, Chelsea, Man Utd Liverpool Benevolent League.

One True BHA

Sep 2, 2008
According to TV he signed not an hour late as he was held up in London by the snow but on f.....g Tuesday.

We got 2 players down from Lancashire on Sunday so that they had a medical Sunday afternoon to enable them to sign on Monday. Arseshaving hired a private jet to get to London and still they couldnt sign him in time but as usual because both Arsenal and Chelsea wanted to sign a player after the time an excuse was made by the Premier League to allow them to sign. Would it have been allowed if it had been WBA or Stoke, I doubt it very much.

Change the name to the Arsenal, Chelsea, Man Utd Liverpool Benevolent League.

Clever.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Sky Sports News on Monday was the most embarrassing thing I've ever seen. They counted down the last 5 seconds of the transfer windowand showed Big Ben chiming 5 o clock whilst the presenters pissed themselves with excitement.

And NO that Arshavin transfer blatantly shouldn't be allowed to be processed if any of the wranglings were after 5 which some clearly were, namely involving the contract Arshavin signed at Zenit involving his loyalty bonueses. They also said on Sky that the negotiations were held up because members of the Zenit board were all over the world. It's well dodgy and I hope they don't get away with it.

Mendoza

NSC's Most Stalked
Sky Sports News on Monday was the most embarrassing thing I've ever seen. They counted down the last 5 seconds of the transfer windowand showed Big Ben chiming 5 o clock whilst the presenters pissed themselves with excitement.

And NO that Arshavin transfer blatantly shouldn't be allowed to be processed if any of the wranglings were after 5 which some clearly were, namely involving the contract Arshavin signed at Zenit involving his loyalty bonueses. They also said on Sky that the negotiations were held up because members of the Zenit board were all over the world. It's well dodgy and I hope they don't get away with it.

They will get away with it, because the Premier League sanctioned the move. If they then say it shouldnt have gone ahead, they will look stupid as they had rubberstamped the deal themselves.

Then you get into an Arsenal vs Aston Villa vs Everton vs (random 6th placed club) law suit battle that will go on into the summer and next season no doubt

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
So the Zenit board were scattered around the globe dont they have internet and the likes of MSN in any other country or phones and e mails. Are they only in Britain.

Jimmy Grimble

Nov 10, 2007
Starting a revolution from my bed
Summed up what a joke Sky Sports News and plastic fans are.

Last edited:

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
If you watched Euro 2008, then you know how good he is. I for one can't wait to watch him in the Arsenal side. Stuff the Robbie Keane transfer, this is the best transfer of the window this season!

Pffft.

Milan Baros, Karel Poborsky anyone?

One good tournament does not a great player make. Can ONLY be a disappointment after all the hype surrounding him.

When will we learn? If he was such a talent he would've been snapped up YEARS ago. Why wasn't he?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here