Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Anyone daring to dream of Wembley yet?

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
february was arguably our EASIEST month of the season - mainly poor teams, with 5 of them at home

march will be a real test - cant see us doing anywhere near as well next month, but thankfully we now have the points on the board to stay up, and a decent enough finish will give a good platform for next season, which will be the real key one
But SOCCERBALL is a confidence game, and we're flying just at the right time (or would be if we hadn't chucked 3 points away in your neck of the woods) so I see no reason why we can't kick on.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
01.03.08 H Leyton Orient 3 points
04.03.08 H Gillingham 3 points
08.03.08 A Carlisle Utd 0 points
11.03.08 A Walsall 1 point
15.03.08 H Doncaster Rovers 1 point
18.03.08 A Huddersfield Town 3 points
22.03.08 H Swindon Town 3 points
24.03.08 A Nottingham Forest 1 point
29.03.08 A Leeds Utd 3 points

BACK IN THE HUNT :thumbsup:

steward 433

Back and better
Nov 4, 2007
Brighton
6 out the 9 games are teams above us in the league so there is a lot of chances for "6 point games" and if we do get on a roll then there is no real reason why Wembley is not a reality.

Beat Walsall or if they slip up and we win the 2-3 we have in hand we could easily go forth and possibly higher with the teams we could take points from!

Fingers crossed lads :thumbsup:

bright1064

Dec 21, 2007
Brighton
This Saturday is a vital game for us, absolutely vital.

If we beat them we move to within a point from them, and we still have 3 games in hand on them as well.

We also have 3 games in hand on Northampton who are only one point ahead of us in the league.

And 3 games in hand on Tranmere who occupy the last playoff place.

If we can beat Orient and the Gills we will be knocking on the door for a playoff place before we hit the road again.

I'm feeling good about it, and so should everyone! What's the point if we can't believe in the team now and again!?

If we are still in touch at the end of March then we MIGHT have a chance.

March is HORRIFIC, with aways at Carlisle, Walsall, Huddersfield, Forest and Leeds. If we can come through the NINE games we have in that month without inploding, then feel free to dream!

Nothing like a bit of REALITY to poke a bit of sobriety into the conversation!

I can a see....oooh....a maximum haul of, say, 7 points from those 5 games, maybe?

We had just better win these games against Gills, and Orient, and hope we can stay in contention.

herman gelmet

Not the tosser
Jan 20, 2008
worthing
This Saturday is a vital game for us, absolutely vital.

If we beat them we move to within a point from them, and we still have 3 games in hand on them as well.

We also have 3 games in hand on Northampton who are only one point ahead of us in the league.

And 3 games in hand on Tranmere who occupy the last playoff place.

If we can beat Orient and the Gills we will be knocking on the door for a playoff place before we hit the road again.

I'm feeling good about it, and so should everyone! What's the point if we can't believe in the team now and again!?

:thumbsup:Yep, If we win the next 2, momentum could keep us on course for top 6.
Wonder if any floaters will be able to make the wembley game.:angel:

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Yeah, Wembley here we come. And all those threads about 'I was one of the Tranmere 4,000 and couldn't get one of 35,000 tickets'. Could be one of the best yet...

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Yeah, Wembley here we come. And all those threads about 'I was one of the Tranmere 4,000 and couldn't get one of 35,000 tickets'. Could be one of the best yet...
And those threads will be TRUMPED by the ones started by people who couldn't get a ticket despite the 10,000 empty debenture holder seats. :D

Was not Was

Loitering with intent
Jul 31, 2003
75 points gets you 6th place pretty much any season.

So we need 30 points from our last 15 games. If we get them, we make the playoffs. If we don't, we won't. Probably a more useful way of looking at it than all this 'eight points behind with three games in hand' stuff.

Just about do-able, but unlikely. Forget 2nd place, at least!

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
75 points gets you 6th place pretty much any season.

So we need 30 points from our last 15 games. If we get them, we make the playoffs. If we don't, we won't. Probably a more useful way of looking at it than all this 'eight points behind with three games in hand' stuff.

Just about do-able, but unlikely. Forget 2nd place, at least!

Good point, well made.
2 points a game all season would be automatic promotion form, but thats now the form we'll need to hit to make the Playoffs. Personally I don't think we've got the squad to cope with the run of games we've got coming up. Two games a week for 6 weeks is an incredibly punishing schedule - we need some extra cover in on loan methinks to avoid the 2 or 3 defeats that would see our season peeter out.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
On current form it looks like 71 points might be enough this season, but you really can't tell. In recent seasons, 71 points and 81 points have both been the tally for the 6th placed team - thats a massive spread:

Points totals for the sixth placed team in League One:

06/07 75
05/06 71
04/05 71
03/04 73
02/03 81
01/02 ??
00/01 75

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
No chance.

Only 10 days ago we were talking about relegation, now we're talking about play-off finals! What an absolute shambles.

We haven't got the midfield/fitness levels to pick up enough points from the 9 games in 29 days.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
I just want us to get to 51 points so it gurantees us footy in this division. Thats all Im "dreaming" about at the moment.

Too many times I have seen us go on winless runs. It could happen at any time.

Set of Tracksuits

Oct 27, 2003
Leicester
We'll finish mid-table, which I think is about what everyone expected isn't it?

We've had good runs and bad ones, this good one might last a couple more games but with our paper thin squad I just can't see us getting the consistency to do it.

Still, might as well dream while we can. Mmm... seven quid for a burger...

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
WEMBLEY WEMBLEY WE'RE THE FAMOUS BRIGHTON AND HOVE ALBION AND THERE'S AN OUTSIDE CHANCE IF WE CAN GET A HATFUL OF POINTS IN MARCH THAT WE'RE GOING TO WEMBLEY!!!

:albion:

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
:albion:

Fiery Jack

Jun 30, 2007
Its not impossible, but cant see it myself.
If you're gonna talk about us winning our "games in hand", why not talk about winning all remaining games.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
9 wins
3 draws
3 defeats

= Play Offs

Massive ask.

If we could get near 65+ points it has to bode well for next season to have a real crack at it

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Code:
Swansea	 6 from 14     70
Nottm F	 8 from 14     56
Donny     4 from 14     56
Carlisle	 8 from 15     55
Walsall	 6 from 13     52
Tranmere	 6 from 12     52
Southend	 7 from 13     50
L Orient	 5 from 12     49
Leeds	 4 from 13     47
North.	 6 from 12     46
Brighton	 8 from 15     45

Using the top 11...

Leeds have the easiest run in, playing only four of us, whereas Forest, Carlisle and us have to play 8 of them...! Quite tense for the second spot.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
9 wins
3 draws
3 defeats

= Play Offs

Massive ask.
But you don't know if that is the case. 71 points (26 points from now) might be enough. So what do you feel about:

8 wins
2 draws
5 defeats

Seems perfectly possible to me...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here