Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Anyone care to PRAISE the Champions League?

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
"So therefore only WE should support Brighton if we were playing AC Milan in a Champions League semi-final. The rest of the country can get stuffed and forget about the British team ?"

That would've been better. I did have to read it a couple of times to get the gist originally, but got there in the end.

:)

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Anyone care to PRAISE the Champions League?

Beach Hut said:
So therefore only we should support Brighton if we were playing AC Milan in a Champions League semi-final the rest of the country can get stuffed and forget about the British team ?

This was your comment.

Let me deal with it piece by piece:

1. So therefore only we should support Brighton if we were playing AC Milan in a Champions League semi-final

My answer to this is NO. I would imagine that some neutrals would want the Albion to win, most would be indifferent. I would expect Palace, Orient and Hereford fans to want us to lose.

2. the rest of the country can get stuffed and forget about the British team ?

Where, precisely, did I say this? My comment was about Manchester United, they are NOT representative of all British teams.

Your original post was in response to mine about not wanting United to win, a point that I explained, with REASONS, (and commas) here:

Would you have praised the match to the heavens if it had been Palace insted of United playing tonight and winning in the 92nd minute?

I live in Manchester, you either love or hate United, and I hate them, in just the same way that you (rightly) hate Palace.

Football is not about logic, if it was there is no way anyone would support the Albion.

As for intellect, I have no idea what you are talking about. Please show me where I have referred to anything relating to intellect in the post.

You may enjoy the thought of Palace winning in Europe because they are 'British', I would not.

I will post a poll to see which of us is in the majority of Albion fans. I don't know what the answer will be, but there is only one way to find out.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Really enjoyed last night's game,it's great to be able to watch a game of football and not care overly about who wins. Some of the skills on show did make me wonder what the hell I'm doing paying nearly £30.00 incl credit card fee to sit in the North Stand and watch such dire football week in week out through the winter...and in the rain:(

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
All you really ever do is give the higher than moral poster shit - so boring.

I await your next party piece we can all "titter" at and then you'll defend saying everyone finds me funny

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Beach Hut said:
All you really ever do is give the higher than moral poster shit - so boring.

I await your next party piece we can all "titter" at and then you'll defend saying everyone finds me funny

Ever heard of the 'ignore' button?

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Not when you are concerned, great fishing :lol:

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Easy 10 said:
"Champions League" - except only one of the last four teams are actually Champions. Still, throws up some decent games now and then, once we've snoozed through the group stages.

Spot on there Easy old boy!

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
The Champions League is ok. I don't feel inclined to PRAISE it though.

I preferred the old European Cup and the Intercities Fairs Cup.

Kenhead

Oct 1, 2003
Brighton
I had it on last night but was watching as a passing intrest. I use to like the champions league when it was group winners plus 2 best runners up went through to the knock out stage but theres far to many teams in it now with so many dull games. I would take more of an intrest if the last four was made up of 4 teams from 4 different countries, but as it is 3 english clubs that i can watch every weekend then the appeal is less

Icy Gull said:
Really enjoyed last night's game,it's great to be able to watch a game of football and not care overly about who wins. Some of the skills on show did make me wonder what the hell I'm doing paying nearly £30.00 incl credit card fee to sit in the North Stand and watch such dire football week in week out through the winter...and in the rain:(

hasn't rained in sussex for months

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here