Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Anyone care to PRAISE the Champions League?

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Quality game to watch tonight.

But for some reason, I can't get excited (unlike ITV, who seem to be on the brink of exploding with joy) at the prospect of an all English final.

I can't quite explain it, but it just seems wrong. There was very little to get excited about the Real Madrid-Valencia final, and the Milan-Juventus one a few years back was an awful spectacle.

I want English teams to do well, but there's something about having two teams from the same country in the final which devalues the competition a bit.

Bet the Athens police are thrilled at the potential prospect of an all Red final, and 60,000 Scousers and Mancs descending on town, sharing the same flights

:lolol:

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Re: Re: Anyone care to PRAISE the Champions League?

Billy the Fish said:

I'm starting to think that a lot of people on here don't actually like football.

I wish I'd put it that neatly to start with.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Re: Re: Re: Anyone care to PRAISE the Champions League?

Tooting Gull said:
I wish I'd put it that neatly to start with.

Would you have praised the match to the heavens if it had been Palace insted of United playing tonight and winning in the 92nd minute?

I live in Manchester, you either love or hate United, and I hate them, in just the same way that you (rightly) hate Palace.

Football is not about logic, if it was there is no way anyone would support the Albion.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Re: Re: Re: Re: Anyone care to PRAISE the Champions League?

El Presidente said:
Football is not about logic, if it was there is no way anyone would support the Albion.
He has a point there, you know.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box

El Presidente said:
Would you have praised the match to the heavens if it had been Palace insted of United playing tonight and winning in the 92nd minute?

I live in Manchester, you either love or hate United, and I hate them, in just the same way that you (rightly) hate Palace.

So therefore only we should support Brighton if we were playing AC Milan in a Champions League semi-final the rest of the country can get stuffed and forget about the British team ?

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Anyone care to PRAISE the Champions League?

Beach Hut said:
So therefore only we should support Brighton if we were playing AC Milan in a Champions League semi-final the rest of the country can get stuffed and forget about the British team ?

Have you ever heard of a COMMA in a sentence?

What you have written is incoherent.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location

Beach Hut said:
There's a difference between "supporting" and "watching with a detached interest" though.

Did I enjoy the game ? Yes.
Did I want Man U to win ? Suppose so
Would it have pissed on my chips if they'd lost ? Not in the slightest.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Anyone care to PRAISE the Champions League?

El Presidente said:
Have you ever heard of a COMMA in a sentence?

What you have written is incoherent.

No you chose to ignore the other issue.

So going back to the point, answer the question please.

If BHAFC were to play AC Milan in a Champions League semi-final no on else dare appreciate or support us ???

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex

El Presidente said:

That is a dilema. I always "support" the English team in Europena matches, but not sure if I could do if it were Palace. fortunately I don't think it's likely to happen.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut

pasty said:
That is a dilema. I always "support" the English team in Europena matches, but not sure if I could do if it were Palace. fortunately I don't think it's likely to happen.

Not with agent Taylor there

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location

pasty said:
But by the same token, surely you get some enjoyment when a team like Man U gets a good STUFFING in Europe ?

That makes my night, that does.

Without Limits

Jan 14, 2007
Lewes Road Area
Barrel of Fun said:
I will only watch the CL if I don't have anything better to do. I am usually playing football or like tonight, spent being mauled by 20 Jack Russells in Newhaven.

20 Jack Russells :ohmy:

didnt know the women were that bad there in Newhaven.

Awaiting my best friend to phone me now as his Girlfriend has just brought a house in Newhaven. :lolol:

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Anyone care to PRAISE the Champions League?

Beach Hut said:
No you chose to ignore the other issue.

So going back to the point, answer the question please.

If BHAFC were to play AC Milan in a Champions League semi-final no on else dare appreciate or support us ???

I will answer your question (I did not understand what you were jabbering on about originally. This is because your original comment was phrased so poorly it made no sense in English)

As for other fans supporting us, personally I could not give a stuff.

Will you now state whether you would support PALACE against AC Milan in the same circumstances?

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Well to answer El Pres's point - did I enjoy the Palace v Liverpool 4-3 FA Cup semi in 1990? I'm not sure 'enjoy' is the word I'd use given the outcome, but it was an incredible, engrossing match and I can recognise a classic encounter when I see one.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Anyone care to PRAISE the Champions League?

El Presidente said:
I will answer your question (I did not understand what you were jabbering on about originally. This is because your original comment was phrased so poorly it made no sense in English)

As for other fans supporting us, personally I could not give a stuff.

Will you now state whether you would support PALACE against AC Milan in the same circumstances?

Yes I would support the british team and as usual you try to use your perceived superior intellect to belittle everyone who dares to challenge you.

Make another cheap shot on punctuation or PM me like last time as I dared to answer back :lolol:

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Tooting Gull said:
Well to answer El Pres's point - did I enjoy the Palace v Liverpool 4-3 FA Cup semi in 1990? I'm not sure 'enjoy' is the word I'd use given the outcome, but it was an incredible, engrossing match and I can recognise a classic encounter when I see one.

It was a very entertaining game of football, there is no doubt in that. But as you say, you were not 'supporting' Palace.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Anyone care to PRAISE the Champions League?

Beach Hut said:
Yes I would support the british team and as usual you try to use your perceived superior intellect to belittle everyone who dares to challenge you.

Make another cheap shot on punctuation or PM me like last time as I dared to answer back :lolol:

I did not make a cheap shot on punctuation, your original post made no sense. If you disagree, then please explain what on earth you were trying to say.

If you choose to support Crystal Palace in Europe that is your perogative.

Personally I would rather cut off my feet and eat them.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Anyone care to PRAISE the Champions League?

El Presidente said:
I did not make a cheap shot on punctuation, your original post made no sense. If you disagree, then please explain what on earth you were trying to say.

If you choose to support Crystal Palace in Europe that is your perogative.

Personally I would rather cut off my feet and eat them.

Yes you did but there you go moderators are always so right aren't they (when it is you).

So which bit could you not understand given your high intellect ?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here