Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Travel] Anyone been on hols to Spain recently? (Covid test question)

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Purely depends - but Easyjet were pretty militant at Ibiza the other week both at check in and boarding, and of course you may need to provide it at UK Border.

Can be print out or show the certificate on your phone

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
If you're really that fussed - do your own antigen and don't actually do it, submit the result get the certificate and do a PCR when you get home

Trufflehound

Re-enfranchised
Aug 5, 2003
The democratic and free EU
Got to tip my hat to KLM. I've just uploaded PDFs of all our COVID docs (negative PCR certificates, UK PLFs, booking reference for Day 2 kits) to their website, someone at Schiphol has done a pre-check and approved them, and now I have an email to show that allows us to by-pass the document check queues at the airport tomorrow... :thumbsup:

folkestonesgull

Oct 8, 2006
folkestone
I'm probably being incredibly thick, but I'm trying to understand everything I need to do in order to get back into the UK after visiting Spain! I have most things sussed (I think), but the key question is the pre-departure test which we need to take before getting the flight home. I think we can just order this here, and take it with us. But interested to hear if anyone else has recently come back from Spain and has any tips/advice....?

My wife came back yesterday.
Took a pre bought test with her to complete on a video call but it failed (voided and refund) so she went to the local pharmacy, paid €40 and it was super efficient.

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
This is an interesting thread. Thanks for everyone's input. I haven't been abroad for 2 years now but I am starting to get itchy feet.

If I could just ask a supplementary question. Do most/all Travel insurance policies now include suitable Covid cover? if so, have the prices increased much?

Thanks

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
This is an interesting thread. Thanks for everyone's input. I haven't been abroad for 2 years now but I am starting to get itchy feet.

If I could just ask a supplementary question. Do most/all Travel insurance policies now include suitable Covid cover? if so, have the prices increased much?

Thanks

Depends what you mean by 'covid' cover. None mention or name COVID but just talk about costs for having to isolate etc

Plenty of options out there - my AA policy stacks up quite well, was £80 for an annual policy

Foolg

Apr 23, 2007

Thanks

I have just come back from Spain, and went away a couple of weeks prior.

My travel insurance was less than £5 and covered everything COVID related - most comparison sites even now summarise the cover without you having to read long documents to compare.

I took a test to Spain with me that I pre-bought online and had a PCR test waiting for me in the post upon my return for both trips. Total cost of tests was £50 for me all in, and flights are dirt cheap at the moment. Both holidays the testing required took about 5 minutes out of my holiday, and the queues at the airport both sides in my experience were quicker than any previous years.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Got to tip my hat to KLM. I've just uploaded PDFs of all our COVID docs (negative PCR certificates, UK PLFs, booking reference for Day 2 kits) to their website, someone at Schiphol has done a pre-check and approved them, and now I have an email to show that allows us to by-pass the document check queues at the airport tomorrow... :thumbsup:

BA did exactly the same in our flights to Ibiza.

Going through Ibizan airport Covid control took …. 5 seconds.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area

Thanks

If you exclude cover for the holiday being cancelled altogether/unachievable due to Covid from government actions (which isn’t truly a problem at all, if you’re booking late-ish), travel insurance covering all other potential pandemic issues can still be dirt cheap.

I found a great deal.

The Wookiee

Back From The Dead
Nov 10, 2003
Worthing
Regarding the Spanish passenger locator form - I see there is an app call Spth, is this the best way to complete the form ?

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
The UK locator form isn’t too bad online…..allow 10 mins per traveller as long as you have your info readily available (including details of your day 2 test booking)

Garage_Doors

Originally the Swankers
Jun 28, 2008
Brighton
Away ATM, this time have a Chronomics kit with us to do lateral flow here, and another (PCR) arriving at home for the day 2 test. £20 each with tour operator's discount

I then have a week before needing to do an entry test for another trip, then a test the day after arriving to be able to come home, then another 2 day test.......

[emoji849][emoji849]

Looks like being relaxed somewhat from 22/9, which is great news.

Where as the 22/9 date come from? the next government brief on travel is due 30/9
im waiting for this the tests to be relaxed to got to Spain for 3 day, not worth it until then

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Regarding the Spanish passenger locator form - I see there is an app call Spth, is this the best way to complete the form ?

I could never get the SPTH app to submit my form, just kept coming up with an error. Used the website and got the PDF / QR code in stead, but in theory either is fine

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I could never get the SPTH app to submit my form, just kept coming up with an error. Used the website and got the PDF / QR code in stead, but in theory either is fine

I used the full website and repeatedly got an error message at the end. Getting quite stressed with the holiday imminent.

It was my oversight, at the very end of the process there was a small box for a tick (or something similar), linking or agreeing to all the passengers data.

Bingo, that worked, relief.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here