Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Travel] Anyone been on hols to Spain recently? (Covid test question)

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Think you still have to do a test day 2 on arrival in UK however this should change to a lateral test at some point.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Think you still have to do a test day 2 on arrival in UK however this should change to a lateral test at some point.

Correct, the pre-booked day 2 test hasn’t been removed. I guess if you have handed your family members, mates and donors testing contracts you want to ensure they get a nice return.

dolphins

Jan 26, 2012
BN1, in GOSBTS

Correct, the pre-booked day 2 test hasn’t been removed. I guess if you have handed your family members, mates and donors testing contracts you want to ensure they get a nice return.

Exactly re: the testing contracts, as it hasn't necessarily been made clear in all the reports I've seen that you cannot use the free NHS LFT for your Day 2 after return test, but have to buy one. IF that then turns out to be positive, you can have a free NHS PCR test.

AFAIK - unless I've missed it - there's been no mention of any changes for cruises...I'm booked for a pre-Christmas one (Hamburg/Rotterdam/Bruges etc) and as it stands/stood, you can't disembark the ship at ports and do your own thing/use the normal free shuttle to the city centres. You have to go on one of the organised excursions and cannot wander off. It would be handy if that changed by then.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
I'm probably being incredibly thick, but I'm trying to understand everything I need to do in order to get back into the UK after visiting Spain! I have most things sussed (I think), but the key question is the pre-departure test which we need to take before getting the flight home. I think we can just order this here, and take it with us. But interested to hear if anyone else has recently come back from Spain and has any tips/advice....?

How you doing on the Spanish Entry Form? Worth starting in on that one earlydoors IMHO as there's a couple of potential pratfalls in there that seem perfectly logical with the benefit of Captain Hindsight. Ask away!

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Just keep in mind you can only do either of the Spanish locator forms 48 hours before

The Wookiee

Back From The Dead
Nov 10, 2003
Worthing
Just keep in mind you can only do either of the Spanish locator forms 48 hours before

Fly out tomorrow, no issues for me completing form, downloaded QR code to wallet on my phone - Mrs completed form, has QR code emailed to her but can’t download to wallet as says error.

I guess we will be ok.

Heads up - you need your flight seat number to complete the form.

Happy holidays!

The Wookiee

Back From The Dead
Nov 10, 2003
Worthing
All smooth checking in a Gatwick this morning- Flight was half full - all good at fuerteventura airport- needed to show locator form on departure and arrival- biggest pain was checking in to hotel, loads of forms to sign and also had to email NHS vaccination pdf to the hotel reception whilst checking in.
Anyway hotel is great and it’s 26 degrees and The beer is cold !

happypig

Staring at the rude boys
May 23, 2009
Eastbourne
Just booked to go to Zante next week. Pretty sure I have it all squared away. Would have been nice if the travel agent had had a clue about what tests were needed...

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
All smooth checking in a Gatwick this morning- Flight was half full - all good at fuerteventura airport- needed to show locator form on departure and arrival- biggest pain was checking in to hotel, loads of forms to sign and also had to email NHS vaccination pdf to the hotel reception whilst checking in.
Anyway hotel is great and it’s 26 degrees and The beer is cold !

Is that all?
weather.PNG

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
I'm flying to Milan on Tuesday, then Madrid on Wednesday, then back to the UK on Thursday. Will the test I take to leave the UK count for both Madrid and Milan, as it will all be within 72 hours? It's hard to find online info about going to two countries and then home again.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
I'm flying to Milan on Tuesday, then Madrid on Wednesday, then back to the UK on Thursday. Will the test I take to leave the UK count for both Madrid and Milan, as it will all be within 72 hours? It's hard to find online info about going to two countries and then home again.

From the Gov website below - can't see why the test wouldn't remain valid - I think your passenger locator form will require details of both anyway

When you arrive in England you need to follow the rules for the highest risk country or territory that you have been in or passed through in the previous 10 days.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
From the Gov website below - can't see why the test wouldn't remain valid - I think your passenger locator form will require details of both anyway

When you arrive in England you need to follow the rules for the highest risk country or territory that you have been in or passed through in the previous 10 days.

Thanks. That is what I assumed but it’s hard to get a clear answer anywhere.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here