Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Anybody get their ID checked ??

southasp

Jan 24, 2009
portslade
Although I did have ID, when asked and quite by mistake I managed to pull out my train ticket, however this was deemed more than acceptable by the friendly steward who glanced at my orange piece of thin card and announced "that's fine mate, thank you" Might try this ruse again if I ever forget to take my passport to Gatwick!

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing
Yes. Twice on the same queue

Jim in the West

NSC Patron
Sep 13, 2003
Way out West
I got asked whether I had ID, to which I showed the steward my driving licence......as noted above, a useless exercise as names weren't on tickets, and my ID could have belonged to anyone. I hope the Met are happy with the logic of this ridiculous requirement.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Shambles!

The Met Police I spoke to and there were several knew nothing about it, neither did the Palace steward.

The person who asked me was the steward Brighton provided and then had to communicate with the Head Steward because my name wasn't on the ticket :facepalm:

** Incidentally the Met Police I spoke to were co-operative, up for some banter and did a great job....

pipkin112

Aug 10, 2011
sompting
My wife was asked for ID by a steward and she pulled out her Tesco loyalty card by mistake, he looked at it and just waved her through.

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
Yes. As we went through the turnstiles. I realised afterwards that I had shown the steward the inside of my wallet not my driving licence but he'd still just waved me through. Think [MENTION=12066]salazar[/MENTION] showed the top of a cornflake box and was gaily waved past. But the id think was far more about dissuading some of the Herbert's than enforcement on the day.

Dandyman

In London village.
Asked to show it when we went into the ground , produced it and joked to the steward that it told him nothing about me and received a friendly smile and the reply "yeah, I know bollocks is n't mate".

Garage_Doors

Originally the Swankers
Jun 28, 2008
Brighton
Did the met also beat a programme seller to death this evening?

No I'm alive and well and received no beating.

The steward in my lime knows me and still asked to see Id ,so was Justin exercise they were asked or perform and needed to be seen to be doing it.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Pointless had to show ID at turn style but not searched. So OK to bring guns knives flares and anything else into the ground providing you wave something in the air when asked for ID

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here