Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
Getting up very early & going to work. :glare:

On the Left Wing

KIT NAPIER
Oct 9, 2003
Wolverhampton
Titanic said:
Having a star not an angel on top of the Christmas Tree - which is always a real one, and only has white lights on it (not coloured ones) - along with the dozens of special decorations made by the kids over the years.

I've found that getting hold of real star or even a real angel these days is nigh on impossible. I've taken to picking up real fairies instead .... but be buggered if I can get them to sit still long enough to shove a tree up their arse

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
Roast Turkey, roast gammon (glazed with mustard, brown sugar and cloves), roast potatoes, roast parsnips, boiled sprouts (al dente), carrots and peas (in the same pot), red cabbage (cooked with bramley apples, onions, red wine and cinnamon), chestnut stuffing, apricot stuffing, sausagemeat stuffing, bread sauce (often burnt!!) and giblet gravy. :)

<edit to add:> leeks, cranberry sauce (homemade to Delia's recipe in recent years), and crackers (pulled with arms crossed at 'half-time' - including the ritual reading of every 'joke' - with accompanying groans!) :)

Last edited:

Trufflehound

Re-enfranchised
Aug 5, 2003
The democratic and free EU
Getting drunk, eating too much...

And trying to stop the grandparents doing the washing up after they've had a sherry (much easier in recent years now they're all dead).

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Trying to find a pub that's open.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
When I was a kid, my brother was always forced to eat one sprout with his christmas dinner - despite hating them. I've now carried that over and my step-daughter has to do the same.

Last edited:

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
1) Whole family and friends down to the pub for a drink ( only about an hour and a half.

2) Smoke salmon and scrambled egg for brekkie ( and glass of champers)

3) Boxing day, cold meats, pickles with mash potato and baked beans...

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
pasty said:
When I was a kid, my brother was always forced to eat one sprout with his christmas dinner - despite hating them. I've now carried that over and my step-daughter has to do the same.

You make your step-daughter eat a sprout with your brother's xmas dinner? Doesn't he get hungry at xmas?

FamilyGuy

Jul 8, 2003
Crawley
somerset said:
1) Whole family and friends down to the pub for a drink ( only about an hour and a half.

2) Smoke salmon and scrambled egg for brekkie ( and glass of champers)

3) Boxing day, cold meats, pickles with mash potato and baked beans...

Bloody hell - do we live in the same house?

:lolol: :lolol: :lolol:

oapdodge

Jul 15, 2003
Watch my little brother cry because he hasn't got what he asked for.Then get pissed up all day and laugh at other family members making arses of themselves.Especially the pigs who stay up late just to eat cold meat mash and pickles.Anyone ever stayed in a hotel on Christmas night after falling out with their family ?

driddles

Nov 8, 2003
Ontario, Canada
Every year since we've been married - making the nativity scene using Simpsons characters.

Jesus = Maggie

Apu, Krusty & Homer = 3 wise men

Marge = Mary

Bart = Some bible character we have not yet heard about who rides around nativity scenes on a skateboard....

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
dougdeep said:
Trying to find a pub that's open.

You should move to Yorkshire, they're all open there.

We also set fire to the Christmas pudding but use Pusser's Navy rum to do it.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Wishing the whole thing was over so I can get to the Boxing Day game.

virgirlo

Jun 2, 2004
London
Putting up all the deco's on christmas eve...long standing tradition in our family and makes christmas so special!!
helping my mum with the christmas food shop in sainsburys and being allowed to throw in whatever i want into the trolley!!!
having arguements with my sister over who gets the pound coin in the christmas cake....the greedy bitch always gets it!! :angry:

I love Christmas!!! :clap2:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here